Good news from rare

#21KID VIDPosted 4/20/2014 2:40:06 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Battletoads with that superhard bike level in 3D.

I rather they keep it 2D. This game is definitely in my top five NES games.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#22BSerenityPosted 4/20/2014 2:40:39 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Enclave posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
How do you know it's a kinect game

Because it's Rare and crappy kinect games is all they make now. If it ends up not being a kinect game then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I don't expect to be surprised. Hell, if it's not a kinect game I still don't expect it to be any good since Rare lost all their talent years ago.

If they want me to get excited for one of their games again then they'll have to prove themselves with a number of good games.

Wow at that logic.

Their recent history has been total Kinect focus... He isn't off or wrong for having that mindset.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#23EnclavePosted 4/20/2014 4:27:46 PM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
Enclave posted...
Lawboy2 posted...
How do you know it's a kinect game

Because it's Rare and crappy kinect games is all they make now. If it ends up not being a kinect game then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I don't expect to be surprised. Hell, if it's not a kinect game I still don't expect it to be any good since Rare lost all their talent years ago.

If they want me to get excited for one of their games again then they'll have to prove themselves with a number of good games.

Wow at that logic.

Indeed wow, it's pretty solid logic. You don't see that often on GameFAQs
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#24Viper187666Posted 4/20/2014 6:56:01 PM
New PD, new Blast Corps, or GTFO. Whatever it is better not require Kinect. Another Conker wouldn't be a bad idea either.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#25mike468Posted 4/20/2014 7:29:07 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Like I said how do you know it's a kinect game...u just expect that it will be a kinect game no where in that interview did they say anything about kinect

Because a number of people from Rare have said recently, in the past year or so, that they don't have a huge interest in making games with traditional style controls. Not that they wouldn't consider it, but they've basically been doing it since the Kinect launched, and that a number of them feel like that is all they are comfortable with now and they can't see themselves going back to making a traditional (controller) style game.

That just doesn't sound very good, if it pertains to resurrecting older Rare IPs. If they are going to develop something new, then cool. I think the community is will to give it a shot, but I don't think gamers would be willing to support a new battletoads or Perfect dark game, if it was kinect only.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#26Tyronelio1Posted 4/20/2014 7:52:02 PM
Tyrannical posted...
I want viva pinata !

+1

And I love your sig.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#27Laylow12Posted 4/20/2014 8:40:37 PM
Enclave posted...
Why should we care about some new kinect game?

All the real talent left Rare when Microsoft bought them. They were too talented to be relegated to making KINECT games. HENTA/RAZ actually works there and its why you see him defending the KINECT 2.0 and Microsoft so much. He might be able to tell us what new KINECT 2.0 game he's working on.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#28aheroafakePosted 4/20/2014 8:42:06 PM
Rare is a shadow of what they used to be.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#29AzaneAzerPosted 4/20/2014 8:42:32 PM
These aren't the Rares you're looking for

There's nobody left over from the rareware that created Battletoads, Banjo or 007, the Rare that's left over are MS stooges that got stuck making Kinect games.
#30Viper187666Posted 4/20/2014 8:59:27 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
These aren't the Rares you're looking for

There's nobody left over from the rareware that created Battletoads, Banjo or 007, the Rare that's left over are MS stooges that got stuck making Kinect games.

Exactly. It's like wanting another wrestling game like the N64 ones instead of the garbage Yukes keeps shovelling. AKI no longer exists, so it can't happen.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG