Is the GPU on XB1 really that bad?

#1BBQMooseheadPosted 4/20/2014 1:04:25 PM
I hear people keep saying that XB1 has a weak GPS and no dedicated video ram. Is the hardware for it really that bad?
#2Jedi454Posted 4/20/2014 1:07:49 PM(edited)
No lol. Weak by a PC elitist try-hard's standard though.
---
Get Good Kid.
#3FPS_hitmanPosted 4/20/2014 1:09:50 PM
Yeah the gps is always giving me bad directions
#4richboy900Posted 4/20/2014 1:20:45 PM
Yeah it is. It's only like what, a $100 gpu. It's a very low spec card. Isn't it something like a 7870?

In contrast, the 360 had a cutting edge gpu worth around $600 when it was new. Pc didn't get its equivalent until the following year. It was even more powerful than that used in the PS3.
#5chaos_1152Posted 4/20/2014 1:22:05 PM
WOW xbone has weak gpu and now makes people do a wrong turn off a cliff.
---
https://www.weasyl.com/~dourochan1 (nfsw)
#6pigboyPosted 4/20/2014 1:23:13 PM
it is.

BBQMoosehead posted...
I hear people keep saying that XB1 has a weak GPS and no dedicated video ram. Is the hardware for it really that bad?

It is.

Xbone GPU is about 50% weaker raw power wise than the PS4 one by pure "number". Plus the Xbone also had to reserve 3-4% of GPU power for the Kinect w/ its already weaker GPU. Big M had to reduce the reserve from 10% due to the complaints of many developers for the Xbone is losing ground fast.

Another huge issue is that the PS4 memory, GDDR5, is so much faster and easy to use than the Xbone slow DDR3 memory + 32mb cache buffer ESRAM architecture. It make the development of the game so much more complicated.

It is why almost all multi-console games are looking so much better on PS4 than the Xbone.
#7Garage_ManPosted 4/20/2014 2:22:15 PM
pigboy posted...
it is.

BBQMoosehead posted...

It is.

Xbone GPU is about 50% weaker raw power wise than the PS4 one by pure "number". Plus the Xbone also had to reserve 3-4% of GPU power for the Kinect w/ its already weaker GPU. Big M had to reduce the reserve from 10% due to the complaints of many developers for the Xbone is losing ground fast.

Another huge issue is that the PS4 memory, GDDR5, is so much faster and easy to use than the Xbone slow DDR3 memory + 32mb cache buffer ESRAM architecture. It make the development of the game so much more complicated.

It is why almost all multi-console games are looking so much better on PS4 than the Xbone.

I think it's gonna be really interesting to see that the PS4 can do once they unlock the power of GDDR5. It's still VERY new for a processor to use GDDR over standard DDR. AMD says there are huge gains to be had...I mean look at HSA and Mantle and what they can do...We could see the PS4 trounce the competition...then again maybe not.
#8DojoMaxPosted 4/20/2014 2:28:15 PM
Garage_Man posted...
pigboy posted...
it is.

BBQMoosehead posted...

It is.

I think it's gonna be really interesting to see that the PS4 can do once they unlock the power of GDDR5. It's still VERY new for a processor to use GDDR over standard DDR. AMD says there are huge gains to be had...I mean look at HSA and Mantle and what they can do...We could see the PS4 trounce the competition...then again maybe not.

HAHAHAAHA
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#9xHughJasxPosted 4/20/2014 2:32:42 PM
pigboy posted.
it is.

BBQMoosehead posted...

It is.

Slow ddr3? Give me a break. Even the best looking pc games out there only use 4gb of ddr3.

The Xbox one is plenty powerful. Give devs some time and the games will look amazing. Just look at the difference between 360s first games and it's more recent games. Everyone needs to stop being hard-core fanboys and look at the facts.

Stop comparing systems to other systems. My brothers pc is at least 100% worse than mine. But we can both run games on very high.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#10KID VIDPosted 4/20/2014 2:44:12 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
Yeah the gps is always giving me bad directions

A Winner Is You!
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD