Is the GPU on XB1 really that bad?

#31aheroafakePosted 4/22/2014 6:44:04 AM
I really think Microsoft's intentions for the console were lost in translation. They really should've focused mainly on a video game console. Like you said, Xbox and Xbox 360 weren't just gaming machines but Microsoft balanced out their focus with the media portion unlike Xbox One where the multimedia capabilities seems to be their main concern.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#32pearl arowanaPosted 4/22/2014 8:01:19 AM
richboy900 posted...
aheroafake posted...
richboy900 posted...
DojoMax posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
snakes_codec posted...
Even by PC standards the 360 when it was released was cutting edge the XB1 isnt you can buy a $99 entrance level card that out performs the one inside the XB1.

This.

The card in the Xbox one isn't impressive at all. So yeah, he's speaking the truth. You could say kinect is to blame somewhat.

Somewhat? Kinect is the main reason the Xbox One is so inferior.

Well that and the fact Microsoft based the system around media. Gaming wasn't an afterthought, but it wasn't the primary focus either. That is what made the old Xbox and the 360 so great. But yeah kinect hinders it further more.

Xbone is tv first, gaming second. That is why xbone multiplat games like mgs v run 720p while ps4 run at full 1080p. Xbone hardware just inferior for games.
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#33BeatItUpRightPosted 4/22/2014 8:04:20 AM
The 7870 is a brilliant card, I own one and they are amazing. The fact they have managed to get that into an APU is incredible.

The CPU however.... utter garbage on both.
---
Intel Pentium Pro @155mhz - 2MB 3dfx Voodoo Graphics - 4x 16MB SIMM ram - 32k Modem - Windows 98
#34xHughJasxPosted 4/22/2014 8:09:04 AM
Enclave posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Slow ddr3? Give me a break. Even the best looking pc games out there only use 4gb of ddr3.

Incorrect actually. PCs have DDR3 on board RAM, average around 8GB now, though games tend to use 4-6GB of it. However you neglected to point out the GDDR5 RAM found on video cards that is dedicated to the video cards use. This tends to be around 2-4GB.

Or did you forget that video cards have built into them dedicated memory?

Consoles are used so so so differently to make games than pcs. Look at the last generation. We have amazing looking games that utilize less than A HALF of ONE gig of ram. The ps4 and Xbox one resolutions will even out as time goes on without a doubt.

Now speaking about your dedicated gpu ram for pcs? ? Again, my brothers gpu does not use gddr5 dedicated to his card. Mine does. We both can run tomb raider on ultra no problem. This gddr5 bs gets so overblown. I'm not saying it isn't better. But once Xbox devs figure out how to best utilize the system, it won't be a problem. The Xbox one is leaps and bounds more powerful than the 360. Thus 720p business won't last.

I know Sony boys don't like hearing that and I'm sorry. It's the truth.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#35BoneRevolutionPosted 4/22/2014 8:20:55 AM
GPS are inaccurate, I still prefer a map
#36jblaze2121Posted 4/22/2014 8:21:57 AM
xHughJasx posted...
Enclave posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Slow ddr3? Give me a break. Even the best looking pc games out there only use 4gb of ddr3.

Incorrect actually. PCs have DDR3 on board RAM, average around 8GB now, though games tend to use 4-6GB of it. However you neglected to point out the GDDR5 RAM found on video cards that is dedicated to the video cards use. This tends to be around 2-4GB.

Consoles are used so so so differently to make games than pcs. Look at the last generation. We have amazing looking games that utilize less than A HALF of ONE gig of ram. The ps4 and Xbox one resolutions will even out as time goes on without a doubt.

Now speaking about your dedicated gpu ram for pcs? ? Again, my brothers gpu does not use gddr5 dedicated to his card. Mine does. We both can run tomb raider on ultra no problem. This gddr5 bs gets so overblown. I'm not saying it isn't better. But once Xbox devs figure out how to best utilize the system, it won't be a problem. The Xbox one is leaps and bounds more powerful than the 360. Thus 720p business won't last.

Truth^
---
PS Owner~IGN~jblaze~3DS FC:3093-8430-0175~GT~jblaze2121~PSN~jblaze2121
#37method115Posted 4/22/2014 8:24:47 AM
xHughJasx posted...
pigboy posted.
it is.

BBQMoosehead posted...
I hear people keep saying that XB1 has a weak GPS and no dedicated video ram. Is the hardware for it really that bad?

It is.

Xbone GPU is about 50% weaker raw power wise than the PS4 one by pure "number". Plus the Xbone also had to reserve 3-4% of GPU power for the Kinect w/ its already weaker GPU. Big M had to reduce the reserve from 10% due to the complaints of many developers for the Xbone is losing ground fast.

Another huge issue is that the PS4 memory, GDDR5, is so much faster and easy to use than the Xbone slow DDR3 memory + 32mb cache buffer ESRAM architecture. It make the development of the game so much more complicated.

It is why almost all multi-console games are looking so much better on PS4 than the Xbone.

The Xbox one is plenty powerful. Give devs some time and the games will look amazing. Just look at the difference between 360s first games and it's more recent games. Everyone needs to stop being hard-core fanboys and look at the facts.

Stop comparing systems to other systems. My brothers pc is at least 100% worse than mine. But we can both run games on very high.

These are things devs themselves have said about the DDR3. It's to slow for 1080p so that's why MS included the ESRAM which is much faster. The problem is the ESRAM is such a small amount for 1080p. Which is why you're seeing so many games running below 1080p on the X1. It's more than just learning it's a hardware issue.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#38BoneRevolutionPosted 4/22/2014 8:28:21 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
GPS are inaccurate, I still prefer a map

On a serious note and as far as I'm concerned, the Xbox One is actually the only system to have dedicated video ram: 32MB ESRAM (204 GB/s)
#39MUD VIPERPosted 4/22/2014 8:39:35 AM
It's a very low spec card. Isn't it something like a 7870?

o-0
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#40xHughJasxPosted 4/22/2014 9:32:05 AM
jblaze2121 posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Enclave posted...
xHughJasx posted...

Truth^

Thank you
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks