traded in all my books from masters program and got enough money to buy X1

#1LotrMorgothPosted 4/20/2014 1:49:18 PM
Thank you American education system!
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#2Christopher BelmontPosted 4/20/2014 2:29:04 PM
I was just gonna come in here and post how ridiculous the education system is in this country but I see that is the point of the topic already. :P

Text books are the BIGGEST RIP OFF I've ever seen.
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#3PoweredMilkManPosted 4/20/2014 2:31:41 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
I was just gonna come in here and post how ridiculous the education system is in this country but I see that is the point of the topic already. :P

500 bucks for a book, only use a chapter out of it. :/
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon
#4shamfuruPosted 4/20/2014 2:32:46 PM
You can save up enough for an X1 just by buying used or sharing books for a year.
---
Life is normally too short to purposely seek out things you hate, but apparently that rule doesn't apply on the Xbox One board.
#5OSUPlantBreederPosted 4/20/2014 4:47:21 PM
Congrats on finishing and on the new purchase. It can be a grind, so enjoy some quality gaming.
#6crynryanPosted 4/20/2014 4:55:39 PM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Christopher Belmont posted...

500 bucks for a book, only use a chapter out of it. :/

Most of my books I haven't used. Had to buy them because the code to get on their site came with the purchase of it.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7UnhelpfulNPCPosted 4/21/2014 1:17:52 AM
Damn. It's worse now than it was when I went. One of the reasons I dropped out was because I couldn't afford the books.
#8Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 1:26:30 AM
With the books being so expensive there, can't you just download a PDF of the book? Or read it online?

Also welcome to current gen!
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#9userfrigginamePosted 4/21/2014 2:48:08 AM
Pretty lucky that your books didn't get a "new edition" with slightly different pictures, making re-selling them back to the school impossible.
#10TheFeralWarriorPosted 4/21/2014 3:12:39 AM
It's pretty terrible. I spent about the same this past semester. The DSM-5 and all the crap I had to buy with it was a real kick in the nuts.
---
Follow the buzzards!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb_R6vHUB4w