What was the first console you bought with your own money?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?
1 year ago#141
Technically it was the original PS2, however I only paid for half of it. My mom helped me with the rest lol.

The first console I purchased fully with my own money was my Gamecube, which I gave away about six years ago.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
1 year ago#142
PS3 was the first regular console I purchased with my own, but I did buy my own DSi XL before that. Also,bought a Wii for the wife on the same day as the PS3. Now I have a bunch of consoles. What can I say, it's my hobby.
1 year ago#143
The original NES with the Zapper and Duck Hunt. That was a long time ago...
1 year ago#144
jerrbear64 posted...
I'm surprised so many of you paid for your own consoles at such a young age. I'm 17 and never bought my own. With that being said I'm planning on getting a job this summer and using the money to get a PlayStation 4

I'm almost 30 and still haven't bought one...on the flip side I think I've been given maybe 5 games as gifts my entire life, and I've owned hundreds of games over the years
---
PSN: Khophyn - Pawn:Cyndi Nyx/Ranger (challenger/mitigator/aquisitor)//Level 45
1 year ago#145
The original 60gb PS3. I worked my ass off to afford that 500 dollar console.. lol
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
1 year ago#146
Sega Saturn in 1998 when I was 14, they were going at a fire sale for $50.
---
If Three Dog were here, he'd say something witty. But he's not. 'Cause somebody killed him.
1 year ago#147
Gameboy color when i was a wee sprout. Had to have been 16 years ago now give or take. Age wise id guess 6-7 so i figure im one of the youngest to buy.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
1 year ago#148
Game Boy Color, used at Gamestop as a broke teen with no allowance and saved up birthday cash.

Oh, actual console? PS3 on a Black Friday, plus I had a $50 gift card from my birthday that year. Ended up being less than half the regular price, felt like I got away with robbery.

Love Black Friday.
---
The grass is greener where you water it.
1 year ago#149
The Sega Genesis, with the original Mortal Kombat. I chose Sega over Super Nintendo just because their games included blood. I was 16 I think.
---
Playing: Infamous SS, SM3DW, ZombiU, Darksiders 2
PS4 ID: enigma2288 X1 Gamertag: enigma2274 NID: Macleod1
1 year ago#150
Well I saved to get my GBC
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived