What was the first console you bought with your own money?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?
1 year ago#331
GCN for $199.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
1 year ago#332
GameCube, technically Xbox 360 but I'll say gamcube but it was off money given as gifts
1 year ago#333
Any one get a NGC bundle with the rare Zeldas? Hindsight is 20/20! Oh well 3ds's dont't have physical games.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
1 year ago#334
yorost posted...
Atari 2600, love that system. First one I bought that I hadn't previously played due to my dad was either the Jaguar or the GBA.

Did you pay under 50 bucks? 50 BUCKS!!! Well isn't that nice.

I would have to say a SNES after the one I got for christmas was stolen a few years later. Over the years I've added a super gameboy (kinda a system in itself), GBA, 3DS, launch day PS2 (still running fine) 2 PS3's (used 60gig fatty then a slim when it died a 3rd time), Gamecube, 2 Dreamcasts (1 still in the box if my orginal dies), PSP, and an Xbox.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
1 year ago#335
Probably the Gameboy pocket, with some holiday money.

As far as home consoles go, the Dreamcast.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
1 year ago#336
My second Playstation 2 after my first one broke. I would have been about 17. I bought a GameCube off a mate very soon after to play REmake and RE0.

Before that my parents had bought me at various Christmas' and Birthdays:

Megadrive (Genesis)
Gameboy Colour
Playstation
Playstation 2
---
PLAYING - Titanfall (XBO), Infamous SS (PS4), Final Fantasy X (PS3)
PSN / XBL / NN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555
1 year ago#337
xbox 360 then ps3 then xbox one
1 year ago#338
PS1
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
1 year ago#339
My parents got me the nintendo and snes my first purchase was 3do i put it on layaway and cut extra lawns just to play Gex the most baddass mascott and way of the warrior naughty dogs first classic plus there was chess wars.
---
PS4: Irskeletor / XB1: JoeSkeletor / WiiU: Deadskelton
1 year ago#340
^^
3DO, those never got cheap. I remember in '93 costing some $600. Thankfully, the PSone hype started shortly there after, so I never got the idea of saving up for one.

Makes you appreciate today's market where systems are released @ a moderate cost. PS4 is $400 and ONE is $500. Adjusted for inflation, it's a considerable difference in price. But, what a PC cost in '93.

How does deflation with consoles work? Do parts get that much cheaper? Or does Sony just take a loss with new hardware to sell software?

On topic, my first console was a Genesis. Bought It from a friend. "Sonic" was possibly the most fun platformer at the time. "SMario World" had more content, but I wanted something new.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What was the first console you bought with your own money?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived