What was the first console you bought with your own money?

#41Centuri88Posted 4/20/2014 4:47:09 PM
Mine was the 360. I'm 25 and I got it back in 07. So the price was still rather high. I found a listing on the Myspace classifieds. For a girl trying to sell her husband's. Managed to get it for 200 even when the going rate was around 5. Still the best score of my life lol.
#42gameplayer6458Posted 4/20/2014 4:49:18 PM
Blue DSi. Well, I payed for 95% of it.
---
Gameplayer6458 for SSBU!
I'm ugly and I'm proud.
#43AwayFromHerePosted 4/20/2014 4:49:38 PM
SEGA Genesis, on launch day.

F***, I'm old.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#44RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/20/2014 4:51:34 PM
NES

Worked all summer selling candy door to door to earn enough to use my own money, I was 13.
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad) www.twitch.tv/yelaraka
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, Rayman Legends, PowerStarGolf
#45thefinalzapkeetPosted 4/20/2014 4:51:38 PM
The Wii. that was actually a big motivator for me to get my first job at 16 (the other two motivators were a car and a cellphone. wasn't allowed to get either until I could pay the monthly fees for them).

Despite what you may think, I don't regret that purchase, I liked the Wii
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 47
#46PRionTePosted 4/20/2014 4:53:17 PM
Slim ps2 and still playing it
---
Psalm 23-4
#47kungfu_blazikenPosted 4/20/2014 4:55:28 PM
Technically speaking, it was my Nintendo 3DS. I realize that that's technically a handheld, but I play it much more than the PS3 me and my brothers share.
I am saving up for a PS4, though. Probably will get one around the time they release Kingdom Hearts 3, because that's the one upcoming game I simply cannot wait for.
---
If you take a Blaziken, teach it kung fu, karate, tae kwon do, and other martial arts, then you will have the WORLD'S MOST UNSTOPPABLE FIGHTING TYPE!!!
#48AnakeriePosted 4/20/2014 4:56:28 PM
SNES. I washed a lot of dishes in a pizza restaurant to be able to afford it and buying it was one of the proudest days of my life. It's rather funny to think about now. I'm female and lived with my grandmother. When boys would come over she'd make me leave my bedroom door open, and then come hurrying up and sticking her head in determined to catch me misbehaving. All she ever saw was my friends and I playing video games. I think she was really disappointed...she really didn't want me making out with guys in my room but I think some part of her was sort of hopeful that the video game thing was just a phase and sooner or later I'd turned into a 'normal' girl. I'll be 39 in a few months...I am so sorry, Grandma...
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#49OkayPlayer1Posted 4/20/2014 4:57:02 PM
To the Genesis and SNES guys, how old are you? I turned 30 this year, I would think 16 is the youngest age (maybe 14) where people even have the ability to buy a console with their own money, and mine was ps2 in 2000 when I was 16 at my first job. Do we really have 38-40 year olds frequenting these boards? Not commenting negatively just curious and more power to 'em if so.
#50bangothebuckPosted 4/20/2014 4:58:32 PM
a ps3, i already had an xbox 360 as a gift, then a few months later i got the xbox 1. i did buy a gameboy color a couple years ago but that doesnt count i dont think
---
Gamertag and PSN- Bango The Buck