Hate it or love it, Kinect was a GOOD move by MS

#11aheroafakePosted 4/20/2014 8:05:48 PM
While that article does have good points, I still disagree with the mandatory inclusion of Kinect with Xbox One. The Kinect for Xbox 360, from what I've heard, sold pretty well. What I think Microsoft should have done from the beginning was sold the peripheral as an add-on, not part of the console. Microsoft should've waited out this console generation and judged the Kinect's success as an add-on. If Kinect really is the answer, I think consumer support would show that. The original Kinect came out towards the end of the Xbox 360's lifecycle. It hasn't been on the market long enough to prove that it should be a mandatory part of the console. If the Kinect fared much better for Xbox One, I think that would have given Microsoft more of a reason to include it as a part of their next Xbox console. This is just my perspective on it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#12Laylow12Posted 4/20/2014 8:11:06 PM(edited)
It's pretty sad that the $99 Amazon Fire TV has more accurate voice controls by far according to all the reviews and more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE. The PS4 and Wii-U also have more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#13Tyronelio1Posted 4/20/2014 8:14:10 PM
Laylow12 posted...
It's pretty sad that the $99 Amazon Fire TV has more accurate voice controls by far according to all the reviews and more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE. The PS4 and Wii-U also have more games in 1080p than the XBOX ONE.

Alright, normal idiot post by you is not surprising.

The kinect voice system works better than the amazon fire? See one review that prices that not all of them prefer the fire, point one of yours gone.

The WIIU has more 1080p native games? Oh please show me the retail release that are?
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#14Laylow12Posted 4/20/2014 8:35:06 PM
Tyronelio1 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Alright, normal idiot post by you is not surprising.

The kinect voice system works better than the amazon fire? See one review that prices that not all of them prefer the fire, point one of yours gone.

The WIIU has more 1080p native games? Oh please show me the retail release that are?

I believe what you're looking for is called "Google".

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#15XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/20/2014 8:35:09 PM
The Kinect would easily have sold well on its own if MS actually made an effort with the device and sold people on it with its abilities and games. They had nothing to show off so they forced it as part of the system because they knew it wouldn't sell on its own.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#16aheroafakePosted 4/20/2014 8:39:51 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
The Kinect would easily have sold well on its own if MS actually made an effort with the device and sold people on it with its abilities and games. They had nothing to show off so they forced it as part of the system because they knew it wouldn't sell on its own.

I disagree. Microsoft would've had absolutely no problem selling Xbox One if they had just focused on making a game console, not an all-in-one media experience. A lot of the disadvantages of Xbox One was because of Kinect.
---
#17XtremeWRATH360Posted 4/20/2014 8:43:28 PM
That's what im saying.

The XB1 needed to be a game system, didn't need the Kinect forced with it, but MS has no idea how to market the Kinect and they have nothing to show for it so rather than releasing the system as a game console on its own and the Kinect as an optional add on it was instead forced as a bundled device. So because MS had no faith in its own device us consumers have to pay for their foolishness.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#18jairusmonillasPosted 4/20/2014 8:44:59 PM
Kinect is useless. wanna be fit? go to a gym, if you don't want to gym then just get a bike. you don't wanna go outside then just get a stationary bike so you can watch tv while biking.

And probably the main reason Kinect is mandatory because MS could be selling all your personal infos along with recorded voice history and cam. lol.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#19aheroafakePosted 4/20/2014 8:45:17 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
That's what im saying.

The XB1 needed to be a game system, didn't need the Kinect forced with it, but MS has no idea how to market the Kinect and they have nothing to show for it so rather than releasing the system as a game console on its own and the Kinect as an optional add on it was instead forced as a bundled device. So because MS had no faith in its own device us consumers have to pay for their foolishness.

I know what you mean. Microsoft got cocky, and now they're paying for it.
---
#20kyncaniPosted 4/20/2014 8:57:28 PM
And now the PS4 dominates the Xbox One in the entire world.

Great move that mandatory Kinect camera !