Hate it or love it, Kinect was a GOOD move by MS

#21gohoanqPosted 4/20/2014 9:02:48 PM
So.. the reasons you think it's good are... Fat people need to move around more... and motion gaming is the future because controllers are just waiting to die?

I disagree completely TC. A true gamer will always prefer a controller over any kind of gimmick.. Period. And fat people or not, a semi-functional camera/mic is not the future.. MS just refuses to admit that. Sony barely gives a crap about their PS Move stuff now, going so far as to integrate it into their DS4s but not so far as to force devs to care about it.. lol

MS has to realize it was a failure and move on.. cool as it may be to say Xbox On.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#22mike468Posted 4/20/2014 9:19:10 PM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
infact most of itís early use has been for navigation purposes which it does excellently. It gives the user the ability to multi-task with greater ease, which is essentially what the Xbox One is designed for and what sets it apart from the PS4.

This is the biggest advantage of kinect ATM. Sony fans that bash it, really under estimate the benefit of it. It's more functional than the Wii remote was (regardless of how small the feature may seem). Most gamers who bought an XBO at launch will tell you, they can't imagine living without this feature going forward.

People against it will argue that you're lazy to go and push a button and navigate a menu to do something to like record a clip or to power on or off a system. It's a matter of convince and allows users to multi task. In the middle of an intrest shootout in a FPS, you don't have time to go and push a button that could make you loss your concentration, but just simply saying "Xbox Record that", you're able to still concentrate on the game.

Also lets say you just get home from work, but want to go go grab some food from the fridge, you simply walk to the doorway of the room and say "Xbox On" and can go to other room to get the food while the system boots up. No need walk up to the console or even go and pick up the controller and push a button.

It might seem lazy to some, but it is a convenience and I'm sure MS is thinking up other ways of expanding this too.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#23avanentPosted 4/20/2014 9:30:19 PM
Good luck with that TC
#24sammogardPosted 4/20/2014 10:47:29 PM
I love the kinect the voice commands are amazing.
#25AlexanaxelaPosted 4/21/2014 12:06:14 AM(edited)
no, just no

xbone's killer game titanfall doesn't even use kinect at all, why should i believe in kinect? Becaus they tell me to?
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
#26jussSaiyanPosted 4/21/2014 12:04:44 AM
Until a next-gen Dance Central comes out I'm indifferent. I don't mind paying more for it, but I really do want Harmonix to release it.
---
Formerly known as ssj3sonic - the man, the myth, the legend.
#27AlexanaxelaPosted 4/21/2014 12:18:14 AM
mike468 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
infact most of itís early use has been for navigation purposes which it does excellently. It gives the user the ability to multi-task with greater ease, which is essentially what the Xbox One is designed for and what sets it apart from the PS4.

This is the biggest advantage of kinect ATM. Sony fans that bash it, really under estimate the benefit of it. It's more functional than the Wii remote was (regardless of how small the feature may seem). Most gamers who bought an XBO at launch will tell you, they can't imagine living without this feature going forward.

People against it will argue that you're lazy to go and push a button and navigate a menu to do something to like record a clip or to power on or off a system. It's a matter of convince and allows users to multi task. In the middle of an intrest shootout in a FPS, you don't have time to go and push a button that could make you loss your concentration, but just simply saying "Xbox Record that", you're able to still concentrate on the game.

Also lets say you just get home from work, but want to go go grab some food from the fridge, you simply walk to the doorway of the room and say "Xbox On" and can go to other room to get the food while the system boots up. No need walk up to the console or even go and pick up the controller and push a button.

It might seem lazy to some, but it is a convenience and I'm sure MS is thinking up other ways of expanding this too.

do you really need a kinect just to use voice commands though?
---
No matter what happened in the past, it has all worked together to bring you to this very moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new.
#28Laylow12Posted 4/21/2014 12:27:09 AM(edited)
mike468 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

That's not compelling enough for me to put up with lesser versions of 90% of games when I bought it to play games, not to operate the TV. Also, it's not worth being video recorded and audio scanned 24/7 for Microsoft advertising profits while the thing is plugged in.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-readies-nuads-they-watch-you-watching-them/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#29ArkonBladePosted 4/21/2014 1:22:38 AM
and hear is where it all falls apart on every thing you just said TC

1. The first Kinect Sucked. People bought it and most people didn't like it. They found it to be useless. Why would most people want to buy it again after feeling they got screwed over by the first one? Just because MS says this one is now awesome. After they Hyped the hell out of the last one. No ones buying the hype or cares. Had MS never done the first Kinect they may have had a chance to hype people in this.

2. Motion control Gaming is DEAD! Its been dead for a few years now. MS is beating a dead horse. The masses will NEVER rush to this.

3. Most people after a hard days work don't want to flail around in front of there TV. They want to sit down and relax. There is only a small group of people who care about doing the Kinect fitness stuff. Not the masses . Its been done before. Remember Wiifit? people are not going to run out and spend $500 so they can exercise in front of there TV. you could buy a treadmill for half of a Xbox one. If you try to go to well Wiifit sold a lot that's because the system already sold out long before the game came out . Casuals flocked to it. because it was the new Gimmick that was hot.

Xbox one needs a few things and one of them sure isn't Kinect.

1. LOTS of exclusive games. NEW IPS would be great.

2. a price cut.

3. the paywall removed.

4. A service that competes or is better then PS+

5. Lots of system updates to improve the UI.

6. a price drop on XBL gold. Sonys is $50 then MS should go $40.

7. hope to god they are not BSing about Direct X boosting the performance of the X1.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#30DarkAdonis123Posted 4/21/2014 1:30:44 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
That_Damn_Kid posted...
I'm not reading all of that s***. It is not the future.

Of course you're not lmao. I would expect the majority of people to not read it and still spew their Kinect hatred. I'll be fine if 2 people actually read it though lol. Pretty much sums up why I think Kinect will be great in the long run.

Some people just don't like motion controls or even the concept of it. An article, regardless of how many supposedly good uses it highlights, isn't going to sway people. Telling someone how great something they don't want is does nothing, because they don't want it. Hatred =/= no interest.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue