Hate it or love it, Kinect was a GOOD move by MS

#31CaIiber345Posted 4/21/2014 12:36:22 AM
There is so much wrong with every single point, it's not even funny.

Only technophiles and fanboys think mandatory Kinect inclusion is a good thing. Neither one of those groups contributes anything positive to the conversation and culture. Optional Kinect would have improved Xbox One sales, and even Kinect sales.
---
twitch.tv/caliber345 | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Rogue Legacy, Destiny
#32HighwayPilotPosted 4/21/2014 12:50:04 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
There is so much wrong with every single point, it's not even funny.

Only technophiles and fanboys think mandatory Kinect inclusion is a good thing. Neither one of those groups contributes anything positive to the conversation and culture. Optional Kinect would have improved Xbox One sales, and even Kinect sales.
I would, but they'd have to make better use of it first. Even as a technophile an optional Kinect would've been better because it would force MS to improve it and include better use of it in games. Since everyone with an Xbone has it anyway, there's no need to push it, because they don't need to sell it anymore.
#33aheroafakePosted 4/21/2014 12:59:04 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
mike468 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
infact most of it’s early use has been for navigation purposes which it does excellently. It gives the user the ability to multi-task with greater ease, which is essentially what the Xbox One is designed for and what sets it apart from the PS4.

This is the biggest advantage of kinect ATM. Sony fans that bash it, really under estimate the benefit of it. It's more functional than the Wii remote was (regardless of how small the feature may seem). Most gamers who bought an XBO at launch will tell you, they can't imagine living without this feature going forward.

People against it will argue that you're lazy to go and push a button and navigate a menu to do something to like record a clip or to power on or off a system. It's a matter of convince and allows users to multi task. In the middle of an intrest shootout in a FPS, you don't have time to go and push a button that could make you loss your concentration, but just simply saying "Xbox Record that", you're able to still concentrate on the game.

Also lets say you just get home from work, but want to go go grab some food from the fridge, you simply walk to the doorway of the room and say "Xbox On" and can go to other room to get the food while the system boots up. No need walk up to the console or even go and pick up the controller and push a button.

It might seem lazy to some, but it is a convenience and I'm sure MS is thinking up other ways of expanding this too.

do you really need a kinect just to use voice commands though?

No, you don't. Games on the original Xbox had voice command features that were utilized by an Xbox Live headset, or pretty much any headset that used the same microphone connector. I don't know the correct term for it but I'm sure people will know what I'm talking about.

And I have to agree with the people that say Kinect is trash for voice commands if Amazon Fire TV or whatever it's called has far better accuracy than Kinect and especially considering how much the Fire TV costs. That's just embarassing and proves Kinect isn't nearly as capable as Microsoft claims.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#34Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 1:17:22 AM
Use the kinecg before you say something else is better based on what some people say.

Dam is too hard to form your opinion these days?
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#35aheroafakePosted 4/21/2014 1:20:14 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
Use the kinecg before you say something else is better based on what some people say.

Was that directed towards me?
---
#36Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 1:29:46 AM
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Yes, pardon my bad grammar.

But c'mon man, I know you're against it and all but when you finally get around to it spend a few days with the kinect 2.0 and experience it, then hate it all you want lol.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#37aheroafakePosted 4/21/2014 1:45:15 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

But c'mon man, I know you're against it and all but when you finally get around to it spend a few days with the kinect 2.0 and experience it, then hate it all you want lol.

Excuse me? You really shouldn't run your mouth when you have no proof whatsoever of what you're accusing me for. I bought my Xbox One at the midnight launch of the console. I've spent more than enough time using Kinect 2.0 to voice a valid assessment of the peripheral. I have used the console and Kinect every single day that I have had it. So seriously, shut your mouth and think twice before you call someone out on a "hunch." Mkay, pumpkin?
---
#38Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 1:52:48 AM
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

Excuse me? You really shouldn't run your mouth when you have no proof whatsoever of what you're accusing me for. I bought my Xbox One at the midnight launch of the console. I've spent more than enough time using Kinect 2.0 to voice a valid assessment of the peripheral. I have used the console and Kinect every single day that I have had it. So seriously, shut your mouth and think twice before you call someone out on a "hunch." Mkay, pumpkin?

You could've just stated that you had one instead of getting all upset and raging like a child.

I apologise as I wasnt aware you had one though.

But dam brother, over reactions are never good, neither is name calling.
---
#39CharadeSmithPosted 4/21/2014 2:00:49 AM
Lol, absolutely not. Terrible move
---
Do you even dude, bro?
#40aheroafakePosted 4/21/2014 2:02:53 AM
Tyronelio1 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...

You could've just stated that you had one instead of getting all upset and raging like a child.

I apologise as I wasnt aware you had one though.

But dam brother, over reactions are never good, neither is name calling.

I wasn't overreacting. Anyone with an open mind would realize that. It's funny that you accuse me of acting like a child when you're the one that was acting like a child all along. Like I said, you shouldn't talk crap when you don't know a thing about me. And I never called you names. The one thing I said was "pumpkin" and it's not my fault you're too sensitive to handle such a word without getting your feelings hurt. Stop assuming stuff and you'll realize that situations like this wouldn't happen in the first place.
---