Hate it or love it, Kinect was a GOOD move by MS

#51BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/21/2014 3:40:48 AM
I am not a fan of gaming with the kinect but I have small children and can't wait to play some Sesame Street, Dora, Thomas, etc. games with them.
They need to bring something to the table at e3.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#52mokmuudPosted 4/21/2014 3:49:05 AM
It could be said it promotes even more laziness. Now they can control their console without moving at all.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#53Sevi_neyPosted 4/21/2014 3:53:23 AM
Where are you maniacs coming from?

pppffftttsssaahhahahaha /scoff
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#54BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/21/2014 3:56:52 AM
mokmuud posted...
It could be said it promotes even more laziness. Now they can control their console without moving at all.

The alternative is pressing a button. I'd say you burn slightly more calories moving your mouth and talking than pressing a button a couple times. It's so slight though that it could be considered a draw.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#55Tyronelio1Posted 4/21/2014 4:08:38 AM
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
C'mon man, you went to school didn't you?

Where does it say or is it implied I think I offended you?

"You could've just stated that you had one instead of getting all upset and raging like a child."

How does that not imply that you think you offended me?

Oh that's what you have been referring too.

Well after the rather passive conversation into you going full rage mode instead of just correcting me and moving on, it sure seemed like you were upset.
---
Welcome to Sonyfaqs.com, where the mods cry at any opinion that's not their own.
#56universaldavePosted 4/21/2014 4:33:13 AM
Kinect is a great piece of technology and it does promote innovation--BUT no-one is innovating! It's ultimately useless when it isn't actually being used for new and interesting things that are going to turn gamers heads and get them to buy in to it. It needs a killer-app for the (I hate using this term but I'm at a loss to find a better one) "hard-core" gamers in the worst way.
---
Fanboys (of all stripes) are sad, pathetic, souls. You know who you are.
#57aheroafakePosted 4/21/2014 4:49:50 AM(edited)
Tyronelio1 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Tyronelio1 posted...
C'mon man, you went to school didn't you?

Where does it say or is it implied I think I offended you?

"You could've just stated that you had one instead of getting all upset and raging like a child."

How does that not imply that you think you offended me?

Oh that's what you have been referring too.

Well after the rather passive conversation into you going full rage mode instead of just correcting me and moving on, it sure seemed like you were upset.

Once again, I wasn't raging. Just because I called you out for all the BS you were pulling, doesn't automatically mean I'm raging. The "you're raging/upset" card is always pulled by people on this site because they can't handle someone calling them out, and I'm not even talking about myself. If I was raging, it would be obvious. I would be getting banned if I were to show a "real" rage. Stop resorting to that excuse, it's overused (and wrongly used at that) plus, it's old. I am done wasting more time on this little pointless debate. You apologized and so we'll just leave it at that. Have a good day.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#58spacejamjordanzPosted 4/21/2014 5:22:42 AM
I'm sorry, but I feel that article makes some pretty weak arguments.

A lot of the things he said were also said about the first Kinect. I'm sorry, but I've heard it all before. So you have to forgive me for not being so quick to jump on that wagon. Kinect is not a solution to Obesity. A better diet and staying active is.

Packing a Kinect in every box is not going to make multi platform developers "tap the potential" all of a sudden. Xbox One will still make up for less than half of the user base. Tell me which multiplatform developer will spend resources going further than tacked on features that we have already seen just to cater to a smaller slice of their potential buyers? That burden Is Microsoft's to carry and theirs alone. Any type of immersive Kinect integration is going to come from Microsoft's first party scene, and they still have yet to do that.

The article cites the success of the Wii, but they also conveniently omitted the rapid decline of the Wii in the later years. I can't stand when people omit certain details just to make an argument. Motion gaming is dead in the water for the most part. The rapid decline of the Wii, and the Wii U's struggles are proof of that. The demand is just not there anymore. Ironically the company that failed at it the most (Sony) understands this better than the competition. If motion gaming was still thriving, then Nintendo would still be on top, because they did it better than anyone else.

Eight years later and.............. Wii Sports > Any Kinect game

Also lastly is the misconception that the Kinect is actually making the UI "innovative". Anyone with a basic knowledge of hardware and software can see otherwise. The UI, while impressive was built to accomodate voice commands better. The stronger hardware allows it to do what it can do. All the Kinect really contributes is being an expensive microphone. The Kinect itself doesn't snap apps, swithc for apps to games, or change your channels. The console itself does that. Ironically, that is something Sony's $60 camera that the writer of the article threw under the bus can also accomplish.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#59OUberLordPosted 4/21/2014 5:24:38 AM
universaldave posted...
Kinect is a great piece of technology and it does promote innovation--BUT no-one is innovating! It's ultimately useless when it isn't actually being used for new and interesting things that are going to turn gamers heads and get them to buy in to it. It needs a killer-app for the (I hate using this term but I'm at a loss to find a better one) "hard-core" gamers in the worst way.

This. Frankly it's insane that the console didn't *launch* with such a title. Teardowns estimate that the Kinect adds almost $100 to the cost of the Xbox One. The voice control is a great feature, but that could've been accomplished with a much cheaper microphone designed into the console itself.

If it alone makes up the price difference between the Xbox One and its primary competitor, the current lack of titles that make strong use of it is insane.
#60BSerenityPosted 4/21/2014 5:55:15 AM
OUberLord posted...
universaldave posted...

This. Frankly it's insane that the console didn't *launch* with such a title. Teardowns estimate that the Kinect adds almost $100 to the cost of the Xbox One. The voice control is a great feature, but that could've been accomplished with a much cheaper microphone designed into the console itself.

If it alone makes up the price difference between the Xbox One and its primary competitor, the current lack of titles that make strong use of it is insane.

They expected more third party support in bigger ways than it was last generation. It was a very ignorant gamble. They cared not for the past and only wanted their vision of the future.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.