Hate it or love it, Kinect was a GOOD move by MS

#81secondhand1Posted 4/21/2014 3:10:49 PM
blacklabelice posted...
i aint reading that wall of derp

kinect is an unncessary gimmick that you are forced to pay for and does nothing at all to enhance video games. the only reason to ever need one is if you are physically handicapped, or too god damn lazy to reach for a remote control or a controller which is probably an arms reach away anyways as you stuff your fat face full of cheesy poofs.

a huge wall of an ass kissing article isnt going to change the fact that most gamers dont care for that gimmick but still are forced to pay full price for it if they want to play their games on an xbone.

Most gamers, or crybabies on the internet?

Look folks, there is a big difference between thinking Kinect is a misfire and it doesn't really benefit you personally in your gaming/entertainment experience, and bashing it with all the maturity of a 5 year old who didn't get cookies for dinner.

I can see how the Kinect is useless. To a lot of people. And that's dandy. I definitely don't agree with Microsoft packing it in and inflating the price of the console, but it's a technology they're gambling with; part of that gamble is forcing it into your home. Time will tell if it pays off. As was mentioned before in this topic, Redmond needs to do a lot to make that gamble worthwhile - for them and for us.

I think it has potential. A boatload of it. I have the 360 version and while I never really got a lot of use from it, my kids love it. I originally viewed the television integration with 2.0 as the gimmickiest of gimmicks, but after setting it up - both for s***s and giggles and ease of connection within my entertainment center; knowing full well I could (and probably would) just connect it normally - I was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty cool feature, and again, the kids love it. Will I ever be on board with motion gaming? Probably not. But I support the chances companies take and I love me some options.

For me, Kinect is, and always has been, a pretty cool thing to have. I'm eager to see where Microsoft takes it as this generation rambles on. And while I understand the other side of that fence, the blind negativity really is ignorant.

But so goes Gamefaqs, I suppose.
---
I don't row.
#82MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 3:22:24 PM
To add to what secondhand said, I also think Kinect has A LOT of potential to expand gaming from what it is now...simply playing on a gamepad. Right now, this gamble may not seem worth it to you, but I think it will pay off huge in the long run. Maybe 2 years from now? I'm guessing. I'm only talking about its use in gaming. I already think it's useful for non-gaming things. Did somebody make the "attach rate" argument yet? I've seen it many times before on this board, so I shouldn't have to say it again.
---
FML
#83Ramsus082Posted 4/21/2014 3:23:15 PM
Ok, how long are these promises of potential supposed to sustain us? We bit on the first Kinect, and despite it selling with Wii-like speed, enthusiasm tanked just as quickly. Now, it's their second chance. It's been out for six months now, and the entire X1 user base has one.

So, why aren't there any games for it? When are they coming, and how long do they get a pass for arguably not having a single one worthwhile? A year from now, we'll still be able to do the "Sure, they haven't capitalized on it, but there's potential!", so when does that grace period end and it starts to be judged based on what's available rather than what we can imagine for it?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#84BallistikBen2Posted 4/21/2014 3:31:52 PM
sammogard posted...
I love the kinect the voice commands are amazing.

---
Shoot him again!!! His souls still dancing!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
GT Ballistik Ben
#85blacklabelicePosted 4/21/2014 4:29:58 PM(edited)
secondhand1 posted...

Most gamers, or crybabies on the internet?

Look folks, there is a big difference between thinking Kinect is a misfire and it doesn't really benefit you personally in your gaming/entertainment experience, and bashing it with all the maturity of a 5 year old who didn't get cookies for dinner.

I can see how the Kinect is useless. To a lot of people. And that's dandy. I definitely don't agree with Microsoft packing it in and inflating the price of the console, but it's a technology they're gambling with; part of that gamble is forcing it into your home. Time will tell if it pays off. As was mentioned before in this topic, Redmond needs to do a lot to make that gamble worthwhile - for them and for us.

I think it has potential. A boatload of it. I have the 360 version and while I never really got a lot of use from it, my kids love it. I originally viewed the television integration with 2.0 as the gimmickiest of gimmicks, but after setting it up - both for s***s and giggles and ease of connection within my entertainment center; knowing full well I could (and probably would) just connect it normally - I was pleasantly surprised. It's a pretty cool feature, and again, the kids love it. Will I ever be on board with motion gaming? Probably not. But I support the chances companies take and I love me some options.

For me, Kinect is, and always has been, a pretty cool thing to have. I'm eager to see where Microsoft takes it as this generation rambles on. And while I understand the other side of that fence, the blind negativity really is ignorant.

But so goes Gamefaqs, I suppose.

it does have potential but theres no good apps out or anything and theres few games that even make any use of it

microsoft would generate alot more interest in their console if they would just release a kinect-less bundle. for some people thats the deal breaker right now, and its a turn off to most gamers. give people the choice and it will attract more people. sure there would be alot of people pissed off when it happens because they were already forced to pay for a device thats just sitting in a cardboard box, but business is business and early adopters will always get the shaft so long as they arent meeting sales expectations

i just wish they could find a cool way to utilize it for most games, or just give us the option altogether to choose whether or not we want to buy it. . its kind of hard to justify spending a hundred dollars on something you dont care for and will probably never use until there is a good enough reason to want to use it, no matter what it is.
#86orestes1981Posted 4/21/2014 4:30:51 PM
Kinect is really helping the Xbox One pull ahead.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#87mistergrownmanPosted 4/21/2014 4:33:33 PM
orestes1981 posted...
Kinect is really helping the Xbox One pull ahead.

Said no one ever.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#88spacejamjordanzPosted 4/21/2014 4:36:11 PM
EJH-SEGA posted...
To the person that says "Wii Sports > than any Kinect game", have you played KSR (especially bowling).

Yes I have. I bought the game last week, and I posted my impressions a couple of days ago on this board. I have also played both Xbox 360 titles as well.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/69060259
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#89WartPig_Posted 4/21/2014 5:57:53 PM
sorry kinect just dose not work for me. (recently spent a day with a friends new X1)

the voice stuff works ok (have to often repeat several times)

and it seems i am a ghost as the motion tracking just cant see me (to be fair i did only scan in once, but old kinect was the same)
(to be even more fair, almost any motion detection things dont work for me. store doors, auto sinks, toilets, hand dryers, etc) idk whats up with that. :/
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig ...... Novorossiya
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#90rusty12000Posted 4/21/2014 6:51:33 PM(edited)
I couldn't disagree with the topic any more. Kinect (and all other motion controls) is awful.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM