So how long offline?

#1Gmoney-Posted 4/21/2014 7:23:10 AM
Howdy, I already own my One. I love it although I don't game with it much. Played a bit of DR3 and it seemed last genish besides the zombie count. Titanfall isn't my bag.

I still love it and will get exclusives for it in the future so this isn't a troll topic even though I prefer my PS4 for gaming which I've also barely used at all.

Anyway, I have a nephew that lives deep in the woods and has super expensive satellite internet.

How bad an idea is an Xbox One for him?? Can you play Dead Rising 3 without patching that huge patch?

Is there some sort of 1 day offline check? I'm constantly connected so I have no idea.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#2aszsithPosted 4/21/2014 8:02:03 AM(edited)
There is the Day One patch for the console which needs to be installed for the console to work. I believe they have a offline version which can be downloaded from xbox.com as an alternative if the online version won't work. You could always do the patch elsewhere and then bring the console to his house. After that, your nephew can never connect to online again (at least under the the current structure) and he'll be fine.

He will miss out on things like game patches/updates, and he'll be forced to purchase disc based games, and he won't be able to play online, but those issues will exist no matter which modern gaming console is chosen.

As far as the 13GB patch for DR3, you can play the game without it. While it fixed some other things in the game, the bulk of the patch was to add the content for the Season Pass.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 8:02:26 AM
Quote:There is the Day One patch for the console which needs to be installed for the console to work. After that, your nephew can never connect to online again (at least under the the current structure) and he'll be fine.

He will miss out on things like game patches/updates, and he'll be forced to purchase disc based games, and he won't be able to play online, but those issues will exist no matter which modern gaming console is chosen.

@aszsith

Thanks. So dead rising 3 WILL play without a patch?
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."