Is forza 5 worth getting if I don't plan on buying any DLC?

#1MonicasBackPosted 4/21/2014 10:29:01 AM
I've heard that its a huge money sink and don't want to buy it if I wont get the full experience without paying another 40-50 bucks on it after purchase.
---
Monicaaa
#2BloatedSquirrelPosted 4/21/2014 10:32:30 AM
I'd say it's only worth it if you can get it for $40 or less.
---
"They'll just put the tools down if they want to do the drugs bad enough."
FFXIV Character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/
#3MOATS7798Posted 4/21/2014 10:56:10 AM
I have it and haven't spent a dime on DLC. Haven't came across a point yet where I've need any DLC.

Keep in mind I'm not one to sit and play games for 2-3-4 hours straight so I'm only about halfway through the game, I only game on weekends really late at night or maybe an hour or two during weeknights...
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#4CKnightPosted 4/21/2014 10:58:41 AM
IMO it's not worth it at all. It's slim on everything all around.

If you own a 360 or PS3 I would say stick to Forza 4 or GT6.

GT6 is a pretty amazing racing game I'm glad I didn't get rid of my PS3.
---
"No...you live with it." - Fumbles
#5WinnsockPosted 4/21/2014 11:12:09 AM
It's a great game with plenty of content to keep anyone occupied for hundreds of hours... however, the complaint about content lacking is valid because Forza 4 had way more in it. But there's no need to buy any of the DLC, unless it's a car that you just love and have to have in-game. It's also cool that they've been adding free tracks, especially ones as good and as important to North American motorsports as the ones they choose.
---
GT: Winnsock
#6SS_MetalSonicPosted 4/21/2014 11:24:19 AM
I haven't spent any money on DLC and dont plan to. Great game. It's my most played vame at the moment.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, inFamous: SS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#7BoneRevolutionPosted 4/21/2014 11:29:10 AM
Get it! Now! The community is amazing, tons of fun
#8Bobsy84Posted 4/21/2014 11:48:13 AM
There are many hours worth of content on disk, I haven't spent any money on dlc and never once online or offline have I felt disadvantaged or restricted becasue of this.
Also if you link your xbox account on the official website turn ten send you reward points. If you own any previous forzas like I did it gives you stacks of in game money so you can access the more expensive sports cars really early!
#9Laylow12Posted 4/21/2014 12:02:07 PM
No, it's stripped down. You'll be disappointed.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#10Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/21/2014 12:07:34 PM
Laylow12 posted...
No, it's stripped down. You'll be disappointed.

I wasn't.
Haven't spent a dime on DLC and love the game.

To each his own I guess. The improved physics and handling is enough for me to spend tons of time just doing online ranked time trails.