Is forza 5 worth getting if I don't plan on buying any DLC?

#11icktongoPosted 4/21/2014 2:22:56 PM
I got forza for free, and i truly enjoy it, i would not spend $60 on it though if i didnt get it for free, maybe $40, im also pretty sure you can get all if not most of the cars by in game credit collecting, you just gotta actually play the game.
---
The most stupid user EVER>
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=925776&topic=24941945&page=0
#12gogogodzillaPosted 4/21/2014 2:41:55 PM
Why aren't you asking this question on the Forza 5 board?

Why ask here?
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#13micheal82Posted 4/21/2014 2:44:17 PM
I'm enjoying the game and I haven't spent a dime over the $60 I spent to buy the game. You don't need to spend anything on DLC if you don't want to.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#14PreacherXWDSXPosted 4/21/2014 2:45:24 PM
Winnsock posted...
It's a great game with plenty of content to keep anyone occupied for hundreds of hours... however, the complaint about content lacking is valid because Forza 4 had way more in it. But there's no need to buy any of the DLC, unless it's a car that you just love and have to have in-game. It's also cool that they've been adding free tracks, especially ones as good and as important to North American motorsports as the ones they choose.

Been playing since day one and haven't bought any DLC at all and I'm still having a great time with it.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#15EiffelPosted 4/21/2014 3:02:49 PM
At launch this was a bit of a mess with it designed as a F2P game that cost $60 but they seem to have learned. Payouts have been increased and the cost of top cars has been reduced so the grind is no longer excessive.

I bought the first car pack since I wanted the LaFerarri but none of the other packs interests me. You don't have to buy the packs to enjoy the game.

Graphics are great and the physics are improved over F4 imo, my only criticism of the handling model is that the cars seem to oversteer far more easily than irl from the ones I know at least.
---
XBL: Mister Wu
PSN: AngryFuse
#16fan360Posted 4/22/2014 8:44:11 AM
The core game only comes with a crappy car.
#17pjnelsonPosted 4/23/2014 1:59:08 PM
MonicasBack posted...
I've heard that its a huge money sink and don't want to buy it if I wont get the full experience without paying another 40-50 bucks on it after purchase.

You heard trolls.

The game retails with 200 cars, which is more than any racing game aside from previous Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo games. If that isn't enough to warrant a purchase, no racing game will be worth it for you. The game offers you cars for all career events and classes without needing to buy any DLC. No player ever needs to buy a single car pack and tracks have been free.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#18AceMagasePosted 4/23/2014 2:07:27 PM
The game comes with 50+ track variations and 200+ cars, sure the track list is a bit light but that's plenty of content, especially for a launch game.

The haptic feedback triggers add a ton to the experience, it's both immersive and helps you drive better (not as good as a wheel of course) and the drivatars make single player much more interesting. It's the best looking console racer ever with a great sensation of speed even on the early classes.

I've put nearly 100 hours into the game w/o any need for dlc or microtransactions - the whole microtransaction thing is waaaaay overblown by the MS haters

If you like racing sims, you'll love this game - absolutely blows the GT series out the water