In any competitive multiplayer game, do you send "GG" whether you win or lose?

#11Joey-ZazaPosted 4/21/2014 11:16:23 AM
Yeah if I'm drunk or something otherwise I don't really care.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#12wirymo123Posted 4/21/2014 11:20:14 AM
Madden or COD2 I did sometimes.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
PSN - FuzzyPillow19
#13richboy900Posted 4/21/2014 11:21:13 AM
Never only on a fighting game online like Tekken if it was a good or close fight. It doesn't happen much because of spammers or rage quitters.

Its more common on pc. I haven't played pc for years, like perhaps since bf2, but I remember nearly every game I played on battlefield or joint operations typhoon rising, loads would write "gg" or something like that in the message box.
#14KID VIDPosted 4/21/2014 11:21:50 AM
I received and sent many "GG" messages when I played Street Fighter IV. I only sent them when the matches were always down to the last sliver of health on the third round.

I will ALWAYS respond to a friendly GG message with a friendly message of my own. A couple of times when I sent the GG message first I would get a "your* a noob" or "your* trash" response. I followed up with a "Haha. You're mad because you lost to a noob."

*misspelled by the other person, not me.
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#15VirobotPosted 4/21/2014 11:28:43 AM
I used to GG the lobby after every game of Quake 2, everyone was very polite.

These days, I am the only one who "GGs" in the lobby.

It seems there are certain games that seem to evoke good sportsmanship from people, FPSs are not one of these. RTS games I would say have the most courteous players, simply because of the fact that some games can take hours to complete, and it gives you time to form some respect for your opponent, who often there is only one of.

With FPSs, you just jump in, kill, jump out. Rinse and repeat.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#16assassin10133Posted 4/21/2014 2:10:44 PM
I did back with COD 1 and 2 on PC
#17GeistPosted 4/21/2014 2:18:17 PM
Haha, no that's just dorky.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#18Mr_KillstreakPosted 4/21/2014 2:19:38 PM
BloatedSquirrel posted...
No, because I don't care enough.
#19Sevi_neyPosted 4/21/2014 2:32:04 PM
Yeah. especially when I'm playing FPS games.

I make a note to send pre-greetings before the match commences to everyone in the lobby atm.Then, halfway through I send "Wow!" and "Awesome!" messages to players whom I feel are doing a spectacular job. Then I thank them all for the match afterward and tell them how much I love them. About 1 week later is when I do a follow up, as a courtesy, and ask the player how well I greeted them in a survey, and how comfortable they felt playing with me on the day that we were organized into session. I keep records and dates of which lobby #, the map we played, highlight worthy moments, a contact number, social security number, home address, location, asl, and then I ask them to go for coffee at the Java Joint.

I mean, don't we all?
---
http://tinyurl.com/lyh5apd
^video representation of the Xbone board^
#20BDJaycePosted 4/21/2014 2:37:17 PM
Well in some games that's a lot of GG's to send just to risk that one tryhard getting offended and messaging you back how he ****** your mother and how you're a ******.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723