Who do you want to win the console war?

#51Arn544Posted 4/21/2014 7:43:51 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Ideally I'd want competition or at least the company that produces the highest quality games and has the best company ethics to win.

Seeing as Microsoft was fully intending to screw me over and Sony was very likely going to do the same thing if they hadn't seen the backlash over Microsoft first, I'd have to go with Nintendo here. Their greatest evil is on region locking, which is bad but hasn't screwed me over yet due to most titles being localized in a timely manner as promised. The next would be the dumbass account system, which isn't killing me (yet) but is still pretty bad. At least they've actually made games though, and their stance on DLC and used games has been favorable for the most part. If I ever purchase a PS4, it'd be for Japanese third party exclusives (assuming those even end up happening, and only the good stuff, not garbage like Neptunia). Microsoft would need to do several price drops and probably need to go as far as moneyhatting devs for good exclusives for me to give them attention.

I'm sorry but Nintendo screws people over way more than microsoft, you just get viciously attacked for calling them out on their garbage.
#52bluegender4everPosted 4/21/2014 7:47:35 PM
I just want to see a a return to normalcy in game development. I could give less a **** which one of them actually comes out on top as long as they succeed in turning away this cross-platform franchise nonsense.

One of the things I loved about all 3 previous gens before the Ps3/360 was that developers more or less worked with one company or the other, even if only on a game-by-game basis, and it put the consoles directly in competition with each others' developer bases, giving a variety of products. THe major downfall of our current pool of games is that it has been made so bland by microsoft's arguable dominance with the 360 and the general lack of support for genre variety on that platform has made developers put out the exact same thing over and over, and then they just port it to the others to grab cash. You see mostly FPS and TPS games on the 360, with some other action orientation, and very little in the way of RPG, strategy, puzzle, platformers, or (true, not GTA)sandbox games. It could be argued as a sign of the times too, but they certainly are not helping things by rehashing Halo and then COD and releasing as a new game over and over.

I'll admit it: I hate multiplatform games, mostly because of the way they are handled now as opposed to back when. I hate having to compromise a games performance because it was designed native to a different set of hardware and the developers have to ensure it is the same thing for each platform so they can grab as much cash as possible. it KILLS variety. Case in point: anyone remember all the different versions of Jurassic Park there were? Remember how different the ones on the Genesis were from the SNES? Hardware differences, different developers, producing similar themed products that ultimately come out quite different. And thus, we, the gamers, can experience and JUDGE for ourselves which one is better, if at all, or simply what we prefer.

Exclusivity was what made franchises special to me. It brought out the good and bad in games, instead of bland middleground....I can remember getting a n64 to hop into the platformers and sports games, then turn around to my psx for racing sims or RPGs because the technical limitations of cartridges literally didn;t favor such data intensive things like mass content. That didn't change the fact that nintendo still had awesome, veteran development studios backing it that made games that were still fun as hell to play.

Ultimately, I still believe that killer apps have more power to sell than convenience of choice. That is, as long as they still lean towards unique or revolutionary instead bandwagon hopping or trendsetting. Then again, I am not as casual in my gaming as others. Some people just want to play whatever is popular to blow off steam and they don't want to be bothered to spend comparatively more $$$ for a console just for one game. I invest myself enough to warrant throwing some more cash at it; I deem it worth it.

Man I just mad myself sad thinking about the state of things... :(
---
10,000 Days in the fire is long enough...you're going home... http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html stop him!
#531nternationa7Posted 4/21/2014 7:47:56 PM
I don't care who wins as long as Microsoft and their data mining, paywalling b******* loses.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#54aj4x94Posted 4/21/2014 7:53:18 PM
Sony or Nintendo.

I don't give a flying **** about TV, voice commands or any of those other bells and whistles that MS keeps trying to tell us are relevant. Just want games.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#55MG42_CHEFPosted 4/21/2014 7:59:34 PM
PC mustard race will without a doubt win the nerdsole wars with the new gaben halflifetf2box.

but I really support all parties because we will all win so long as devs support the consoles and the publishers don't muck it up.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#56savagechild89Posted 4/21/2014 8:38:55 PM
i voted nobody. but i think its great that sony is humbling microsoft in the hardware department currently. that comes from microsoft being So comforatable running off the 360's success that they kinda ended up with their pants down when the X1 launched.

they are just now getting back on track imo. after the disaster that was e3 they had A LOT of work to do. still have work to do.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, XBL: Littleraven89 (inactive), 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#57sanjeustPosted 4/21/2014 8:46:48 PM
The consumer.
#58ImThe8thWonderPosted 4/21/2014 8:50:03 PM
Competition is good, but obviously doing better than the competition, even if slightly, is practically a win. I don't care who sells the most and is most successful, so long as it isn't Xbox. It's about time they faced consequence for their poor XB1 design choices, their awful XBL policies, and their terrible PR.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#59jellybeanmasterPosted 4/21/2014 8:53:51 PM
There is no winning yhe console wars. Itll rage as long as consoles are a thing
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#60PorungaPosted 4/21/2014 9:00:19 PM
I want sony to win the console war.

No, that isn't a fanboy thing and I don't want MS to drop out. Losing the console war makes the losing company (except for nintendo.. they are just off in their own little world) try harder next generation. Last gen sony got a good kick in the *** and things got turned around pretty fast and they went on to have a very good lead with the ps4. It is MS's turn for a kick in the ***, after the launch debacle of the xbox one it is clear they needed it. Now, things are starting to look up now that they got those nimrods in charge out of there. And I'm sure they will sure as hell try harder next gen to be the dominant system.