So my X1 arrives tomorrow, need advice from people who have both PS4 and X1

#51method115Posted 4/22/2014 11:20:18 AM
I've owned both and preferred the PS4 but the X1 was fine to I didn't really have any issues with either and would be fine with either. I have the PS4 because it has the stronger hardware and multiplats look better.

I returned my X1 a week later because Titan Fall didn't even come close the amount of fun I thought it would have. Decent game but I have much more fun in Battlefield 4 with way more to do and better level design. TF has a ton of potential and I think the next installment in the series will be a monster.
---
PSN: method114
XBL: method115
#52cmincPosted 4/22/2014 11:26:19 AM
BaronVladz posted...
Here's how my winning strategy for console gaming will be in the next 2 years

X1 = Forza, Titanfall, Halo
PS4 = Infamous, AC IV, Wolfenstein, Batman AK, Diablo III, MG IV, Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Order 1886, Dragon Age, Witcher 3, Division, Crew, Project Cars, Deep Down, indies
Wii U = MH3U, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, X, Zelda U

My set up looks exactly like yours except for infamous, 1886, indies and the wiiu stuff. I only have an xb1, though

: )
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#53Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 3:22:15 PM
Decided to return my X1 today. Not because I was disappointed, but because I realized how redundant it is to have two next gen consoles when 99% of the games I want are multiplatform. Got a full refund fortunately.
---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange
#54Satchmo25Posted 4/23/2014 3:27:34 PM
BeefEaster posted...
ugh

this thread is painful to read

the fanboys think they're defending the xbox one but they're just making it and its community look worse

where did you get those fanboy blinders? They look dorky
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#55RcBcoop80Posted 4/23/2014 3:39:19 PM(edited)
Phange 2 posted...
I couldn't resist the $449.99 Titanfall+Forza+X1 bundle despite having a PS4, so I ordered one.

My current plan is to get all FPS and third person shooter titles on X1, and most everything else third-party on my PS4. Obviously exclusives are the exception.

The controller is the single most important factor to me when it comes to game play - so I'm willing to take slightly worse graphics if it means a better control experience.

Do you find the X1 to be a generally better gaming experience overall, when graphics are excluded? If so, I might make it my primary console. Right now, my major reason for using the PS4 is because the OS is so fast, but it's kinda barebones.

Where did you get that deal??

Best I've seen is 500 w/ Titanfall.
---
Jets
#56teh1337gosuPosted 4/23/2014 4:47:35 PM
Phange 2 posted...
Decided to return my X1 today. Not because I was disappointed, but because I realized how redundant it is to have two next gen consoles when 99% of the games I want are multiplatform. Got a full refund fortunately.

Hey what about the download code, you used it? Its like returning open software, is that allowed?
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#57AenimaGenesisPosted 4/23/2014 5:09:51 PM
PS4 is the superior console. Everyone knows it. There's no need to lie about it or spin it otherwise. Its controller is more ergonomic, it's more powerful and able to keep pace with the next generation of game development, the multiplats are next to all superior, and as we'll see at E3, is better kitted out with first party studios.

That doesn't mean one can't enjoy the Xbox One. I just don't see the point though when you can afford a gaming PC.

PC + PS4 is a much better combination than PS4 + One or PC + One.
#58spacejamjordanzPosted 4/23/2014 5:15:57 PM
RcBcoop80 posted...
Phange 2 posted...
I couldn't resist the $449.99 Titanfall+Forza+X1 bundle despite having a PS4, so I ordered one.

My current plan is to get all FPS and third person shooter titles on X1, and most everything else third-party on my PS4. Obviously exclusives are the exception.

The controller is the single most important factor to me when it comes to game play - so I'm willing to take slightly worse graphics if it means a better control experience.

Do you find the X1 to be a generally better gaming experience overall, when graphics are excluded? If so, I might make it my primary console. Right now, my major reason for using the PS4 is because the OS is so fast, but it's kinda barebones.

Where did you get that deal??

Best I've seen is 500 w/ Titanfall.

That was a limited time deal. I think it's gone now.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#59Reflex-ArcPosted 4/23/2014 5:25:36 PM
AenimaGenesis posted...
I just don't see the point though when you can afford a gaming PC.

I, for one, simply enjoy gaming too much to miss out on any exclusive that may pop up over the course of any generation not to invest in all major consoles in addition to maintaining a gaming PC. The computer is for multiplats, the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U are for exclusives.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#60spacejamjordanzPosted 4/23/2014 5:34:24 PM
Phange 2 posted...

TC I think you made the right choice by returning it. If you mainly play multiplats, then there really is no point in owning two virtually identical consoles. Plus, the majority of the multiplats run better on the PS4 anyway so it works for you. I chose the X1, because it appeals to me more overall, but to each it's own.

Glad you got your full refund though.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138