So my X1 arrives tomorrow, need advice from people who have both PS4 and X1

#61AenimaGenesisPosted 4/23/2014 6:47:28 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I, for one, simply enjoy gaming too much to miss out on any exclusive that may pop up over the course of any generation not to invest in all major consoles in addition to maintaining a gaming PC. The computer is for multiplats, the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U are for exclusives.

And I'd like to know how anyone who works full time can possibly play all games across all systems. I've seen claims like this before, and these people rarely even finish a game. They just dip into it for 10 minutes so they can talk about it on a forum, then move on to the next.
#62spacejamjordanzPosted 4/23/2014 7:04:33 PM
AenimaGenesis posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
I, for one, simply enjoy gaming too much to miss out on any exclusive that may pop up over the course of any generation not to invest in all major consoles in addition to maintaining a gaming PC. The computer is for multiplats, the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U are for exclusives.

And I'd like to know how anyone who works full time can possibly play all games across all systems. I've seen claims like this before, and these people rarely even finish a game. They just dip into it for 10 minutes so they can talk about it on a forum, then move on to the next.

Exactly. Where does one get that kind of free time? I work full time, and take part time classes. Also have a wife and a two year old. If i get to game for a couple hours out of the day, I would call that a good day. Some days I don't game at all, because of other things going on.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#63ShadowNinja87Posted 4/23/2014 7:24:45 PM
XBL is a joke now. People claiming that PSN is laggy is last gen. PSN free games , 10 cheaper, and isn't a massive paywall. Honestly, I had an X1 but returned it as it pointless to own both systems at this point.
#64RcBcoop80Posted 4/23/2014 7:37:01 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
AenimaGenesis posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Exactly. Where does one get that kind of free time? I work full time, and take part time classes. Also have a wife and a two year old. If i get to game for a couple hours out of the day, I would call that a good day. Some days I don't game at all, because of other things going on.

Well you answered your own question....one finds the time if they don't go to classes, have to study, and have to deal with a 2 year old and wife. I work full time but if gaming was my main hobby I could easily get 5 hours in each day after work.
---
Jets
#65Bs-KILLPosted 4/23/2014 10:13:49 PM
Graphics looks fine for both consoles.
(PC is the only one that makes me "wow" for graphics)
Sure ..In terms of graphics there are differences on both consoles. but its not even that huge..

XB1 is the better gaming experience IMO.(Well, for me that is..)
I prefer its UI,controller & online features.
I main my XB1 since most of my friends are there & ever since I chose 360 last gen there's no turning back..

I just bought PS4 for exclusives.
---
GT: UltraC0MB0 PSN: BasuraKILLER
Now Playing: Nothing ATM
#66Reflex-ArcPosted 4/24/2014 6:53:03 AM
AenimaGenesis posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

That's the thing. It's not a matter of playing all the games, it's a matter of having the freedom of choice to play any game that catches your fancy, regardless of platform.

My preference is for console exclusives. I enjoy the experience of playing a game built from the ground up for a console that uses the unique features of that console (impulse triggers, track pad, kinect, wii u pad, etc.).

When it comes to multiplatform games, I like to be able to choose whether or not I want to play on PC for outright eyecandy, or base my choice on any number of variables like friends list, console feature set, controller preference or, in the case that the game is not available on PC, console performance.

My choice of investment was (is) one of variety, not quantity.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#67Riverraider98Posted 4/24/2014 11:57:38 AM
Dude go out and buy a gaming laptop or desktop and keep the xbox one. I just bought my laptop and the combo is the best of every world. Im playing dayz and SWTOR and skyrim and fallout 3 fully modded for the first time, along with my xbox one for multiplayer with my friends who play battlefield, titanfall, and 2k14. I'll be buying all the multiplayer games on X1. I love xbox exclusives, and I get to play the best multiplat experience and just so you know... It isnt on the PS4 its on pc. You can take the PS4 back unless you like ps exclusives or you have friends that play on that
---
- "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed Squaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Gt: RagnaRok RS 8