Honest question, do you wish MS had remote play like PS4?

#1VoelgerPosted 4/21/2014 5:19:07 PM
I am an Xbox fan and I prefer halo and gears over uncharted and god of war.

My issue is I never play games anymore in front of my tv. I am just so busy and never able to sit down at the tv. I game so much on my shield in bed before sleep. (4times a week) it has saved my gaming hobby. I bought Titanfall, I love it and I'm only level 13. I just never have time to play.

I'm am thinking about trading in my Xbox and getting a ps4 and vita for the remote play feature. Do you think this is wise? Please understand and take into consideration my situation.
---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#2Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 9:11:38 PM
Bump
---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#3elbarto1Posted 4/21/2014 9:20:55 PM
Ps4 is rad.
Vita is good.
Remote play is a cool feature - but not worth buying a console and a handheld for.
It works "good enough" but not what I'd call "well" on most ps4 games.
Its laggy and frames get dropped and many controls are awkward on games that use the triggers.

I have em and use remote play often but it wasn't a selling point for me so I wasn't overly critical. To me its a nice bonus.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#4elbarto1Posted 4/21/2014 9:31:05 PM
Then again, its infinitely better than the Ps3 to psp remote play was and if you're comfortable w shield than it might be up your alley.

Every game works, even online games like battlefield, its just harder to do simple actions on the truncated vita controls.

Its excellent for slow paced games and ps1/2 classics.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#5raddicussPosted 4/21/2014 9:56:12 PM
The One does have remote play:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/media-remote#fbid=eKxmKHx-uh9
---
Everyday's great at your Junes.
PSN: Raddicuss
#6Omega_BlackPosted 4/21/2014 10:41:20 PM
LOL no.
Remote play on PS4 is laggy as crap and is just a stupid gimmick to push more hardware.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#7nighting13Posted 4/22/2014 6:55:54 AM
......when was the last time you tried it? The last vita update reduced latency quite a bit.
---
PSN: Nightwing1390
3DS FC: 3480-3792-0474
#8aheroafakePosted 4/22/2014 7:10:44 AM
raddicuss posted...
The One does have remote play:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/media-remote#fbid=eKxmKHx-uh9

Wtf? If you're gonna use that as an argument, you could've said the same for the Xbox One controller.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#9MidnightJacketPosted 4/22/2014 7:28:46 AM
No desire. Being able to play out of the house when you're on the go or on your lunch break would be great, but the latency issues are there (or atleast were there a few months ago last I tried it with the Vita).

And the "remote play" of playing the exact game that's ALREADY at your house makes no logical sense unless you're a kid getting kicked off the TV by your parents or siblings. So for a grownup or anybody that has a TV in their own room, I can't figure out why this is a desired feature. Some people say they like to play games as they lay down in the bed, but what's the point of that? When I get into the bed, I'm ready to sleep, if I wanted to play games I would just stay at the couch and keep playing games.

But that's just me.
#10BryanPS360Posted 4/22/2014 7:30:15 AM
elbarto1 posted...
Ps4 is rad.
Vita is good.
Remote play is a cool feature - but not worth buying a console and a handheld for.
It works "good enough" but not what I'd call "well" on most ps4 games.
Its laggy and frames get dropped and many controls are awkward on games that use the triggers.

I have em and use remote play often but it wasn't a selling point for me so I wasn't overly critical. To me its a nice bonus.

Pretty much this. Except I don't use remote play often. I used it once back in December maybe. I don't often find myself needing to use it. But it is nice to have the option.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf