Honest question, do you wish MS had remote play like PS4?

#21strawberry11Posted 4/22/2014 2:15:23 PM
It's definitely a really nice bonus to have. It's particularly great for relaxing/grindy games. I spent a fair amount of time on the khazi whist treasure hunting and raiding ships to grind upgrades in Assassins Creed 4.

All that being said, remote play IMHO isn't a reason on its own to choose my home console. I do occasionally play in bed, but that would be dedicated Vita games. if you do get a vita there are a whole load of great games you can play which makes more sense than playing PS4 games best played on a big flatscreen.
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#22grampamurkedPosted 4/22/2014 9:19:42 PM
You're just "so busy" you're unable to play in front of your tv BUT you're not "so busy" you can't play on a tiny screen?

Makes no sense.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#23Shik_stickPosted 4/22/2014 9:24:33 PM
Omega_Black posted...
LOL no.
Remote play on PS4 is laggy as crap and is just a stupid gimmick to push more hardware.

Is it? so when i take my Vita to work with me and connect to the wifi there and play AC4 and TR with very little lag or latency issues, thats bad?

Hahaha...no. Troll more.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#24BeasthuntPosted 4/22/2014 10:55:12 PM
I've long awaited a M$ handheld that could at least play all of the arcade games.
---
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt.
Acts 2:38
#25thegrimgunnerPosted 4/23/2014 12:27:49 AM
I own a Wii U. And this feature for that....Is pretty awesome. On the Playstation side. Being unable to use full controls (both triggers) seems useless. To be honest I couldnt see myself using it and i own a vita.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#26Spetsnaz420Posted 4/23/2014 1:09:45 AM
MidnightJacket posted...
No desire. Being able to play out of the house when you're on the go or on your lunch break would be great, but the latency issues are there (or atleast were there a few months ago last I tried it with the Vita).

And the "remote play" of playing the exact game that's ALREADY at your house makes no logical sense unless you're a kid getting kicked off the TV by your parents or siblings. So for a grownup or anybody that has a TV in their own room, I can't figure out why this is a desired feature. Some people say they like to play games as they lay down in the bed, but what's the point of that? When I get into the bed, I'm ready to sleep, if I wanted to play games I would just stay at the couch and keep playing games.

But that's just me.

I'm an adult who owns every TV in my house yet I get kicked off the TV by my wife fairly regularly... Remote play is great in those situations
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#27Omega_BlackPosted 4/23/2014 6:13:10 PM
nighting13 posted...
......when was the last time you tried it? The last vita update reduced latency quite a bit.
Not since I first got my PS4. First impressions are everything to me and the Remote Play between the two was just awful during that initial play so I've never tried it until now. Which brings me to...

Shik_stick posted...
Is it? so when i take my Vita to work with me and connect to the wifi there and play AC4 and TR with very little lag or latency issues, thats bad?

Hahaha...no. Troll more.
It most certainly is.
Latency issues on my home network are unacceptable. Sound issues on my home network are unacceptable. I just used it again after nighting's suggestion and the experience is still something I would call mediocre at best.

Hell, maybe I'm spoiled by the Wii U's admittedly limited version of it but damn is that connection smooth and lag free. I can only imagine how much grief I'd experience using PS4 Remote Play on a distant WiFi connection...ugh.

I guess you can tolerate those issues and practically sweep them under the rug like a good little shill but I cannot. Sorry that upsets you. :(
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#28Cowboy082288Posted 4/23/2014 6:32:26 PM
I'm confused..... you don't have time to play games in front of your TV but you are considering buying a console??? Why not just buy a Vita , a 3DS, or an iPad and just play the games for those systems.............
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni