AAA or Indie

#1Dev445Posted 4/21/2014 7:05:32 PM
Which do you prefer? - Results (103 votes)
AAA
30.1% (31 votes)
Indie
6.8% (7 votes)
Both
23.3% (24 votes)
Both but like AAA more
37.86% (39 votes)
Both but like Indie more
1.94% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Option 4 for me
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2Jedi454Posted 4/21/2014 7:06:59 PM
Either one is fine, I don't discriminate
---
Get Good Kid.
#3Demon_AckerPosted 4/21/2014 7:12:59 PM
good indie and AAA games
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZNPzaVy.jpg
#4Pokerkid777Posted 4/21/2014 7:23:07 PM
AAA

All indie games are garbage, no exceptions
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#5Viet0nePosted 4/21/2014 7:26:24 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
AAA

AAA gets thrown around so much, they are no better than indie games.

Plenty of "indie" games have sold significantly better than games like Titanfall and Forza.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#6chedibang1994Posted 4/21/2014 7:39:02 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
AAA

Plenty of "indie" games have sold significantly better than games like Titanfall and Forza.

I love indies they have more replay ability than any ps4 and xbox one games but AAA's is a reason to buy a console
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#7Charity_DiaryPosted 4/21/2014 7:47:37 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
AAA

Which indie games have sold well? Minecraft? Fez? That's two to five games, out of literally millions of indie games - indie games such as No Luca No.

AAA games are just much more consistently good. Even if they're NOT good, there's usually enough production quality in them to enjoy them for a while. Kinda like GTA V.

People give indie games and indie developers way too much credit. It's kinda like championing small businesses. Sure, you have the few "good" small businesses that eventually grow to be large businesses, but other than that, you have places like my local independently-owned video game store that only gets three copies of every new release, but makes all their profit from hosting weekly Magic tournaments, which results in the store being flooded with 17 year old scene kids on the daily, so that you have to excuse yourself through quite a few lip-pierced, beanie-wearing dudes and gals while looking a game that they will inevitably not have.

Meanwhile, if AAA game stores (continuing with the metaphor) don't have the game you want, they're at least tolerable to shop in. No GameStop jokes please.
---
GT: Blueberry Whale ... ESO: Lights-Sparks or @Charity_Diary
Learn to swim <3
#8wirymo123Posted 4/21/2014 7:47:43 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
AAA

LOL
On Xbox 360, yes that's true.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
PSN - FuzzyPillow19
#9rusty12000Posted 4/21/2014 7:49:37 PM
Lately I have been liking the indies a lot more then AAA. Seems AAA titles are just rehashes so to me they are meh.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#10aj4x94Posted 4/21/2014 7:57:10 PM
I lean towards AAA, but I can definitely appreciate a good indie game here and now.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Lords of Shadow, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, GTA V.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94