AAA or Indie

#11LEGEND_725Posted 4/21/2014 8:21:16 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
AAA

All indie games are garbage, no exceptions

AAA gets thrown around so much, they are no better than indie games.

Plenty of "indie" games have sold significantly better than games like Titanfall and Forza.

Which indie games have sold well? Minecraft? Fez? That's two to five games, out of literally millions of indie games - indie games such as No Luca No.

AAA games are just much more consistently good. Even if they're NOT good, there's usually enough production quality in them to enjoy them for a while. Kinda like GTA V.

People give indie games and indie developers way too much credit. It's kinda like championing small businesses. Sure, you have the few "good" small businesses that eventually grow to be large businesses, but other than that, you have places like my local independently-owned video game store that only gets three copies of every new release, but makes all their profit from hosting weekly Magic tournaments, which results in the store being flooded with 17 year old scene kids on the daily, so that you have to excuse yourself through quite a few lip-pierced, beanie-wearing dudes and gals while looking a game that they will inevitably not have.

Meanwhile, if AAA game stores (continuing with the metaphor) don't have the game you want, they're at least tolerable to shop in. No GameStop jokes please.

Fine just eat my breakfast....
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#12Robin_MaskPosted 4/21/2014 8:35:11 PM
It's like indie games really do provide amazing gameplay and expansive games.

Then I remember:

Gears
Halo
Naughty Dog games
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
The Witcher
Ninja Gaiden II
Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
God of War
Bayonetta
Metal Gear

Yeah, don't see how indie games can even compete with that.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#13AwayFromHerePosted 4/21/2014 8:38:21 PM
Robin_Mask posted...

Then I remember:

Gears
Halo
Naughty Dog games
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
The Witcher
Ninja Gaiden II
Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
God of War
Bayonetta
Metal Gear

That's an indie. Sorry to break it to ya.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#14Robin_MaskPosted 4/21/2014 8:46:27 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Then I remember:

Gears
Halo
Naughty Dog games
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
The Witcher
Ninja Gaiden II
Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
God of War
Bayonetta
Metal Gear

That's an indie. Sorry to break it to ya.

How is it an indie?
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#15AwayFromHerePosted 4/21/2014 8:48:43 PM
The Witcher is made by a small studio that self publishes.

That's indie.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#16Robin_MaskPosted 4/21/2014 9:13:06 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
The Witcher is made by a small studio that self publishes.

That's indie.

Never thought of it that way.
---
#17UtterMoonPosted 4/21/2014 9:45:26 PM(edited)
Both.

There have been plenty of really, really good indie games released over the last handful of years. The Walking Dead...Journey...Minecraft...Bastion...Two Brothers...Don't Starve, and a boat load of others...all indie means is that there isn't a publisher attached to the product. All of the risk is put on the shoulders of the developer, and for the most part indie games cost a lot less to make and have very little if any advertisement, which means that the only way for a indie game to really be successful..is through word of mouth...and that tends to only happen for the good ones.

Indie developers are also able to be more creative and they are forced to spend what money they have on making the game...

There are plenty of bad indie games out there...But the "Xbox Indie" thing on the 360 is a disgusting interpretation of the scene as a whole, which is probably why a lot of the good indie developers wont touch the Xbone. And lets be honest..the only reason this topic was made is because the Xbone isn't getting very many of these games...

Indie games are far larger than they have been in the past...and there are plenty of examples of these games looking really, really good...many people seem to have the misconception that all indie games are 8 bit or that they're made on flash in some dank basement. These people are simply ignorant.
#18Robin_MaskPosted 4/21/2014 10:32:35 PM
I find it odd that people are saying "Xbox indie games are the worst" then total crap gets on Steam Greenlight and actually can be downloaded and paid for, leading to problem and controversies.
---
#19CharadeSmithPosted 4/22/2014 3:57:42 AM
Both
---
Do you even dude, bro?