i finished Ryse Son of Rome

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 4/21/2014 11:33:45 PM
Good game to show off the xbox one power but the game play itself was weak and repetitive but I liked the story.

To those that finished this game, what your thoughts too?
#2Pantera_head667Posted 4/22/2014 1:31:23 AM
Yeah, it's repetitive but the graphics are stunning. I loved the cut scenes, and the last level.. The hallway sequence, was cool as heck :)
Its good for a bit of fun but i was expecting the multiplayer arenas to be randomly generated, that was a bit disappointing.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#3DojoMaxPosted 4/22/2014 1:39:06 AM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Good game to show off the xbox one power but the game play itself was weak and repetitive but I liked the story.

Welcome to 5 months ago?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVN_Ytl_bgA -- Titanfall is better on 360 than XBone.
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin:DojoMax
#4thegrimgunnerPosted 4/22/2014 3:21:42 AM
Honestly. I loved every second of it. The game-play was pretty awesome. Chaining together combo's was extremely satisfying and each hit felt real. So much power per swing. I've not enjoyed a video game like that (from an action perspective that is) since Gears 1. Theirs a similar energy that the two share.

Its quite short. But the story also came out of nowhere. Pretty great game in my opinion a 9/10.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#5GeistPosted 4/22/2014 4:58:11 AM
I liked it, it was a good action game. I think some expect too much from the genre now a days, hence Ryse's anti fans. I mean they are just action movies in game form. You don't expect Academy awards for Expendables or the new Schwarzenegger flick do you? For what it was I loved it. Good combat, beautiful locations, a nice revenge plot line, and some great voice acting. All the things one needs for a good action game. I really liked it. Gone through twice and plan on doing it again soon.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#6kennyynnooPosted 4/22/2014 4:59:43 AM
Great game, arena mode is worth playing but I ended up selling it, no replay value.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#7thegrimgunnerPosted 4/22/2014 5:28:51 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Great game, arena mode is worth playing but I ended up selling it, no replay value.

I've not replayed a single player game in almost 6 years. The best single player game I've played in recent times was Alan wake. Which some might say suffers similar issues as Ryse.

What single player games would you say have re-play ability?
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#8lightfighterPosted 4/22/2014 5:29:21 AM
Gorgeous but repetitive.
#9heffley19Posted 4/22/2014 5:43:17 AM
DojoMax posted...
NinjaGamer_23 posted...

Welcome to 5 months ago?

Some people don't play games in one sitting, some have lives it took me a month to beat Tomb Raider.
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
Twitch account name: Thatoffensiveguy
#10Bobsy84Posted 4/22/2014 5:46:13 AM
I had fun with it. The most positive thing about Ryse to me is its enormous potential, a sequel could be amazing!
Also try playing through the game on legendary difficulty if you haven't already makes the entire game play more challenging and rewarding!