i finished Ryse Son of Rome

#11aheroafakePosted 4/22/2014 6:22:54 AM
heffley19 posted...
DojoMax posted...
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Good game to show off the xbox one power but the game play itself was weak and repetitive but I liked the story.

To those that finished this game, what your thoughts too?

Welcome to 5 months ago?

Some people don't play games in one sitting, some have lives it took me a month to beat Tomb Raider.

Ryse was short as hell.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#12DarkAdonis123Posted 4/22/2014 6:24:16 AM
I liked the story up until the whole "spirit of revenge" angle. That was garbage.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#13GeistPosted 4/22/2014 6:29:28 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I liked the story up until the whole "spirit of revenge" angle. That was garbage.

So you disliked it from the start? Since you know, that part is told right off the bat...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#14thegrimgunnerPosted 4/22/2014 6:34:39 AM(edited)
Ryse was short as hell.

It took me about 6 1/2 hours to complete the main story.

Took me about 3 sitting from Christmas to boxing day.

Personally this was one game that didnt overstay its welcome. Like every assassins creed game I've played.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#15aheroafakePosted 4/22/2014 6:36:15 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Ryse was short as hell.

Personally this was one game that didnt overstay its welcome. Like every assassins creed game I've played.

Took me around the same but would've taken me less if I wasn't looking for the collectibles as well.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#16heffley19Posted 4/22/2014 7:19:00 AM
aheroafake posted...
thegrimgunner posted...
Ryse was short as hell.

Took me around the same but would've taken me less if I wasn't looking for the collectibles as well.

Yes, enjoying every part of the game and not just blowing through the story. That is what I did with Tomb Raider actually enjoyed the scenery and well designed layouts. Most people go oh this game took 2 hours to beat because I did nothing else but just the story...
---
HUGH HEFF (Xbox GT-Heffley)
Twitch account name: Thatoffensiveguy
#17NinjaGamer_23(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 1:29:09 AM
I did not get a xbox one till last month when titanfall came out so ya I did not get to play ryse when it came out..
#18Goregasm17Posted 4/23/2014 1:54:45 AM
DojoMax posted...
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Good game to show off the xbox one power but the game play itself was weak and repetitive but I liked the story.

To those that finished this game, what your thoughts too?

Welcome to 5 months ago?

You act like 5 months is equivalent to 5 decades, your logic is that of a middle school child. Please, take a seat.
#19PominAusPosted 4/23/2014 2:01:56 AM
Bobsy84 posted...
I had fun with it. The most positive thing about Ryse to me is its enormous potential, a sequel could be amazing!
Also try playing through the game on legendary difficulty if you haven't already makes the entire game play more challenging and rewarding!

^All this. The IP has great potential, it needs longer in development with fleshed out mechanics and a variety of weapons to use.

I enjoyed the multiplayer too but the 'tiled' arenas were a bit of a letdown. I would have loved to see trapdoors open and chained tigers emerging a la Gladiator.
#20Dark__ThronePosted 4/23/2014 11:15:32 AM
I haven't played Ryse but from what I see it's the Knack of the Xbone. Critics and lots of people hate it but the owners of the system and game seem to enjoy it.
---
"Woe to you..... Earth and Sea......"
"TOTAL DESTRUCTION!!!"