Microsoft: "We can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One"

#11BoneRevolutionPosted 4/22/2014 8:08:02 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
in the early days of the 360...we didn't have any problems connecting...custom soundtracks were there...everything was there, there were no issues

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/745076908_1369579359.jpg

Try harder

He's obviously talking from a software standpoint.

Try harder...to read.

Try harder
#12aheroafakePosted 4/22/2014 8:09:36 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
aheroafake posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
in the early days of the 360...we didn't have any problems connecting...custom soundtracks were there...everything was there, there were no issues

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/745076908_1369579359.jpg
Try harder

I'm pretty sure you took what he said out of context.

That was my only concern to be honest. It's not anymore.

As for the rest (???) - monthly updates. Don't worry, it's an one way road.

Got it.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#13kennyynnooPosted 4/22/2014 8:16:10 AM
Don't care as long as it gets done. All I want is custom music and I'm happy, neither let you play your own music in game right now and that's sad. I bought a 360 last week to play some old games, race with custom music. I can plug in music and play it through other devices but its not thevsame and take work I'm to lazy to do and my $400-500 machine should do this by now. Both consoles are slacking.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#14Hvv0l24n9Posted 4/22/2014 8:19:21 AM
BaronVladz posted...
http://www.totalxbox.com/75403/we-cant-just-plop-xbox-360-features-into-the-code-base-of-xbox-one-says-microsoft/

Personally, I think that Microsoft introduced their system as the next generation of an already well made and established system. For me, as a consumer of many things that experience "Next Gen" type releases, (Phones, cars, computers, etc) I hope that the Next system functions like the previous one with added features at the time of purchase.
In a way, I feel like I just bought an iPhone 6 that can't make phone calls or play mp3s yet. I know its coming but ... I bought Next Gen ... Not New Gen.

Well that's not an accurate comparison. Those are the basic functions of an iPhone. As a games console the XBO does what it is supposed to do.

The bells and whistles may not be as polished, which I agree makes no sense, but it does play games.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#15Ramsus082Posted 4/22/2014 9:09:48 AM
This reminds me of that whining Major Nelson excuse: "You can't just flip a switch"

So? I'm a consumer. What do I care whether it's difficult for you to give me what I want? Are you trying to get empathy from your fanbase? What should I care how the sausage is made?
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#16youngskillzPosted 4/22/2014 9:14:40 AM
they need to fire this guy too.

ms is full of crap, sony didn't do much better with ps4 either, lost quite a few features which ps3 had standard.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#17ExempliGratiaPosted 4/22/2014 9:51:05 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
man the lies just keep coming...smh
I made the jump from the original to the 360...

AND YES, it was a logical progression...everything was there, with a better UI and functionality.

MS rushed and screwed the pooch...in the early days of the 360...we didn't have any problems connecting...custom soundtracks were there...everything was there, there were no issues

The original Xbox 360 dashboard was a mess. The blades system sucked hard.. The updates they made is what improved the 360 dashboard to what it was today.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#18AzaneAzerPosted 4/22/2014 9:56:46 AM
Its kind of funny, Everytime MS says they can't "just do" something, it ends up being something they can do easily.

"There isn't just a switch" - Well, it was a 4 byte address

"This isn't possible" - it took 8 kb of data to make it possible

But, BUT "THE Cloud will close the gap", MS is even out of touch with their own product.
#19blacklabelicePosted 4/22/2014 9:59:09 AM
last time microsoft commented with the words: "We cant just"

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c5df5de70a55b8ac195b9fa9460589bcd750ae28e7fce5915cd463f5a96c6b5.jpg
#20ExempliGratiaPosted 4/22/2014 10:11:36 AM
I don't get what this flipping a switch means. They didn't flip a switch. I though they had to rush out the UI because of the DRM change which is why it was as Barebones as it was on release.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia