Microsoft: "We can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One"

#21MattFoleyPosted 4/22/2014 10:30:12 AM
Some people know nothing about software development.

It is an entitely new code base. You can't just port stuff over. This is not a MS issue either. My PS4 doesn't have 1/2 the features of my PS3.

Can't play MP3s
Can't play 3D blu-rays
Doesn't have has many apps.

Anyone that thinks it is a simple process is wrong.
#22seankimberley42Posted 4/22/2014 10:54:09 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
I don't get what this flipping a switch means. They didn't flip a switch. I though they had to rush out the UI because of the DRM change which is why it was as Barebones as it was on release.

Logic?! BURN HIM!!!!

It's funny, they claim it wasn't hard at all to get rid of Kinect functionality and then complain about the lack of features in the UI months after they HAD to get rid of the Kinect functionality. Hard to believe some of these people even got out of kindergarten the way they connect the dots.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#23cheezedadadaPosted 4/22/2014 10:56:43 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
I don't get what this flipping a switch means. They didn't flip a switch. I though they had to rush out the UI because of the DRM change which is why it was as Barebones as it was on release.

I was going to say the same exact thing. The people assuming it was just the flip of a switch must have missed the complaints from people who said the UI was rushed because of the DRM reversal.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#24Kovifan27Posted 4/22/2014 10:59:13 AM
Is this like we can't just remove DRM?

They say all this crazy garbage then go back to giving customers what they want. Why must they fight consumers?
#25snowboard340Posted 4/22/2014 11:20:39 AM
Kovifan27 posted...
Is this like we can't just remove DRM?

They say all this crazy garbage then go back to giving customers what they want. Why must they fight consumers?

They are saying it takes time, not that they won't do it
#26WrathbonesPosted 4/22/2014 11:32:51 AM
Half of whats wrong with Xbone is fanboys. Just go to Major Nelsons's or Phill Spencer's Twitter. Hundreds of people saying " your awesome" or thanks for this and that. It was the same way even when DRM was still going be part of release. People get on there feeding these guys egos in hopes of getting a DLC download code. If everyone spoke as a voice and said " no this is crap", we would prob have a nice system. But no your still gonna have your few who dilute the voice just for blind loyalty.
#27squarex8264Posted 4/22/2014 12:05:27 PM
Wrathbones posted...
Half of whats wrong with Xbone is fanboys. Just go to Major Nelsons's or Phill Spencer's Twitter. Hundreds of people saying " your awesome" or thanks for this and that. It was the same way even when DRM was still going be part of release. People get on there feeding these guys egos in hopes of getting a DLC download code. If everyone spoke as a voice and said " no this is crap", we would prob have a nice system. But no your still gonna have your few who dilute the voice just for blind loyalty.

Or maybe there are people out there that don't think it's crap? Just a thought...
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#28ssjgohhkuPosted 4/22/2014 1:27:03 PM
Its their own fault for using a completely new code, they could have just upgraded the 360 ones instead.
#29MRL3G3NDPosted 4/22/2014 2:35:29 PM
ExempliGratia posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
man the lies just keep coming...smh
I made the jump from the original to the 360...

AND YES, it was a logical progression...everything was there, with a better UI and functionality.

MS rushed and screwed the pooch...in the early days of the 360...we didn't have any problems connecting...custom soundtracks were there...everything was there, there were no issues

The original Xbox 360 dashboard was a mess. The blades system sucked hard.. The updates they made is what improved the 360 dashboard to what it was today.

the only thing wrong with the blade system was getting to the paid content...
this was when MS was smart and consumer friendly...all of the basics from the original xbox were ported over... and they just kept making it better, and the UI more user friendly...

here we have their latest and greatest, and it doesn't even have features the original xbox had on day one...

PS people Idgaf if PS4 is in the same boat... I own a XB1
I chose The XB1 because the live service was premium last generation... so far they are doing a good job at showing me I made a mistake early adopting
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#30Viper187666Posted 4/22/2014 4:04:55 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
BaronVladz posted...
http://www.totalxbox.com/75403/we-cant-just-plop-xbox-360-features-into-the-code-base-of-xbox-one-says-microsoft/

Personally, I think that Microsoft introduced their system as the next generation of an already well made and established system. For me, as a consumer of many things that experience "Next Gen" type releases, (Phones, cars, computers, etc) I hope that the Next system functions like the previous one with added features at the time of purchase.
In a way, I feel like I just bought an iPhone 6 that can't make phone calls or play mp3s yet. I know its coming but ... I bought Next Gen ... Not New Gen.

Well that's not an accurate comparison. Those are the basic functions of an iPhone. As a games console the XBO does what it is supposed to do.

The bells and whistles may not be as polished, which I agree makes no sense, but it does play games.

I'd say it's a perfect comparison. Party chat didn't even work properly starting off.No USB storage or even HDD management. No replacing/upgrading HDDs. They're still releasing games with glitched achievements (DR3, KI, etc) in spite of trying to appeal to achievement hunters with the day one achievement and the whole achievements system. They have that dude with a million gamerscore on their payroll as some kind of poster boy for Xbox and achievements, but they show little to no concern about actually making achievements work. If I remember right, they even charge devs to apply title updates to their games (or used to). That doesn't really give them a reason to fix achievements or other issues, now does it?
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG