Microsoft: "We can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One"

#31Viper187666Posted 4/22/2014 3:07:34 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
Its their own fault for using a completely new code, they could have just upgraded the 360 ones instead.

This too. If these idiots didn't keep jumping back and forth with architectures, we'd have full backward compatibility. The original Xbox was x86. Then they had to switch to PowerPC for 360. Now they decide they like x86 again. Make up your damn minds!
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#32grampamurkedPosted 4/22/2014 3:15:24 PM
My troll senses are tingling
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#33RubMyDuckyPosted 4/22/2014 3:24:50 PM
It seems in the software industry that developers downgrade and remove features of a program and service and in a couple months later they re-add them and consider it an upgrade
---
Say my name.
#34Spetsnaz420Posted 4/23/2014 1:58:39 AM
Was I the only one who thought "well that's not my problem" when Nelson claimed they couldn't just flip a switch to turn off the intrusive DR followed by "well who the hell told you to do that?" when he said the console was built around it?
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#35blacklabelicePosted 4/23/2014 2:05:30 AM(edited)
RubMyDucky posted...
It seems in the software industry that developers downgrade and remove features of a program and service and in a couple months later they re-add them and consider it an upgrade

kind of like the greedy developers who cut out content from the game just to sell it back to you as DLC.

but not quite as harsh. if EA were in charge of the operating system, you could bet your bottom dollar that youd be paying extra money for a battery indicator for your controller, let alone external usb support, media streaming from your pc, and twitch integration, all while you continue to pay a monthly fee for their premium service while still getting ads spammed all over your dashboard.
#36lightfighterPosted 4/23/2014 3:31:14 AM
Interesting read. Thanks for sharing , TC.
#37nickb25Posted 4/23/2014 3:44:26 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
so far they are doing a good job at showing me I made a mistake early adopting
---

If you made a mistake, it was of your own volition. By this generation, you have to know being an early adopter essentially means being a beta tester. This goes for any console. It's just common sense.

If you wanted a bug free loaded console out of the box, you should have waited a year or two before choosing one. Honestly buying a console early on in its release cycle is dumb.
#38scoobydoobydontPosted 4/23/2014 5:23:54 AM
I don't need excuses, MS, I need the basic features I expect out of a console released in 2013. Actually, scratch that... I need more than the basic features. My 360 has the basic features already. Hell, my phone in my pocket has the basic features.

blacklabelice posted...
last time microsoft commented with the words: "We cant just"

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c5df5de70a55b8ac195b9fa9460589bcd750ae28e7fce5915cd463f5a96c6b5.jpg

That's more than a little insulting towards the people who actually had to work hard to make it happen, as well as really ignorant on your part if you actually think that was how it went.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ep3FK5Z.png
#39MRL3G3NDPosted 4/23/2014 6:03:26 AM
nickb25 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
---

If you made a mistake, it was of your own volition. By this generation, you have to know being an early adopter essentially means being a beta tester. This goes for any console. It's just common sense.

If you wanted a bug free loaded console out of the box, you should have waited a year or two before choosing one. Honestly buying a console early on in its release cycle is dumb.

I've always bought systems on the first day, and they have always worked well on the first day...

the simple fact that, that you have opted to limit yourself of next gen gaming for fear of a product failing is your very own moronic terror

it is but common sense that a company puts out a product that works...if they don't it's a reflection of that companies dedication to quality...you don't put out a quality product, you tank in the industry (as evidenced by the XB1's numbers)

My product has worked since day 1...mechanically it is sound... but the quality of service it provides is sub par compared to their previous products level. They will teach you this in 5th grade economics, when you make it there....

that's unheard of...and they are asking a ridiculous amount of money to beta test hardware...their only response to the situation is "Hey stop bugging us, we messed up and it's hard" is the worse thing you can say to your customer...
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#40ExempliGratiaPosted 4/23/2014 6:19:40 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
nickb25 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
---

I've always bought systems on the first day, and they have always worked well on the first day...

the simple fact that, that you have opted to limit yourself of next gen gaming for fear of a product failing is your very own moronic terror

it is but common sense that a company puts out a product that works...if they don't it's a reflection of that companies dedication to quality...you don't put out a quality product, you tank in the industry (as evidenced by the XB1's numbers)

My product has worked since day 1...mechanically it is sound... but the quality of service it provides is sub par compared to their previous products level. They will teach you this in 5th grade economics, when you make it there....

that's unheard of...and they are asking a ridiculous amount of money to beta test hardware...their only response to the situation is "Hey stop bugging us, we messed up and it's hard" is the worse thing you can say to your customer...

The removal of the DRM put them behind on the UI. While you might not want to hear it they have been updating it every month pushing it towards what it needs to be. Just how it is.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia