Microsoft: "We can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One"

#51ravenstarsingerPosted 4/27/2014 4:08:44 PM
Yeah, I miss the Blades UI. I don't get why so many people like the current 360 UI. It's a cluster. A pig mating with a football. It's not user friendly, it's counter-intuitive, and it takes forever to find things that I literally used to be able to find with only a couple of quick button presses. I hate it, and I wish we had the option to go back to Blades.
---
OBAMA. SILAYEV. PAVLOV. RYZHKHOV. TIKHONOV. KOSYGIN. KRUSCHEV. BULGANIN. MALENKOV. STALIN. MOLOTOV. RYKOV. LENIN.
PSN: Raven_Fellblade, 3DS FC: 5043-1206-7457
#52Viper187666Posted 4/27/2014 4:15:21 PM
ravenstarsinger posted...
Yeah, I miss the Blades UI. I don't get why so many people like the current 360 UI. It's a cluster. A pig mating with a football. It's not user friendly, it's counter-intuitive, and it takes forever to find things that I literally used to be able to find with only a couple of quick button presses. I hate it, and I wish we had the option to go back to Blades.

The current interface is more advertising than functional. There's no point even having wallpaper anymore because you can barely see it.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#53Zurreal09Posted 4/27/2014 4:20:44 PM
Just like they can't just "turn off DRM" right?
#54MichelleRheePosted 4/27/2014 4:21:51 PM
But da power of da cloud!
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hh6uHUx728
#55SparkItUpPosted 4/27/2014 4:45:27 PM
BaronVladz posted...
Microsoft: "We can't just plop Xbox 360 features into the code base of Xbox One"

If I remember correctly, didn't they say they couldn't just flip a switch to reverse the DRM? Didn't they once say that Kinect needed to be connected because it was such an integral part of the console? Both of which they retracted....
#56MRL3G3NDPosted 4/30/2014 11:30:37 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
nickb25 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
so far they are doing a good job at showing me I made a mistake early adopting
---

If you made a mistake, it was of your own volition. By this generation, you have to know being an early adopter essentially means being a beta tester. This goes for any console. It's just common sense.

If you wanted a bug free loaded console out of the box, you should have waited a year or two before choosing one. Honestly buying a console early on in its release cycle is dumb.

I've always bought systems on the first day, and they have always worked well on the first day...

the simple fact that, that you have opted to limit yourself of next gen gaming for fear of a product failing is your very own moronic terror

it is but common sense that a company puts out a product that works...if they don't it's a reflection of that companies dedication to quality...you don't put out a quality product, you tank in the industry (as evidenced by the XB1's numbers)

My product has worked since day 1...mechanically it is sound... but the quality of service it provides is sub par compared to their previous products level. They will teach you this in 5th grade economics, when you make it there....

that's unheard of...and they are asking a ridiculous amount of money to beta test hardware...their only response to the situation is "Hey stop bugging us, we messed up and it's hard" is the worse thing you can say to your customer...

The removal of the DRM put them behind on the UI. While you might not want to hear it they have been updating it every month pushing it towards what it needs to be. Just how it is.

they haven't been updating it...they've been patching it, and building it as they go...they boast these as new features every month...but the plain cold fact is that these are features we've had since the original xbox

You have to be a fanboy to go "yay" I can see my battery level, and when my friends get online...I still have a 360, and it is a smooth ride compared to the doo doo they call the XB1 UI

I've been playing with the same people for over 10 years, and up until last night we cannot connect to each others party...we're both playing battlefield...in the same server, and the xb1 party system says we are in different activities...even so we should be able to connect...this is unacceptable to the "leaders" in online service...

So I guess the next celebration will be when we get Voice messages back? Or how about custom soundtracks?

pathetic
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#57derekscorpPosted 5/1/2014 3:30:22 PM
Microsoft creates the least-dependable hardware out of all console manufacturers. One of their marketing people even said a couple of years ago that they projected that 50% of all 360 sales going forward are be replacements. HALF! Yet the Halo/ achievement fanboys keep flocking to them. It's incredible, really. Could you imagine if Apple or Samsung released phones that only worked half the time??
#58TBONE_OGPosted 5/1/2014 3:50:35 PM
Most people in here can't read, or comprehend simple sentences.

From the article:

"You have to remember the Xbox 360 is a very mature platform that has been around for almost 10 years," he wrote. "In that time we added a TON of new features. Xbox One is a completely new architecture so we can't just take work that was done on Xbox 360 and plop [it] into the code base of Xbox One. Things don't work that way."

Does no one understand this? It makes sense. Major Nelson is not saying it's NOT possible. But just dropping in or "plop"ing in 360 features, like a copy and paste -- will not work.

Our favorite 360 features should/will return, but it'll take a while until they can code it.

But go ahead and suck at reading and cry all day.
---
Always O.G.
#59TBONE_OGPosted 5/1/2014 3:53:09 PM
SparkItUp posted...
BaronVladz posted...

If I remember correctly, didn't they say they couldn't just flip a switch to reverse the DRM? Didn't they once say that Kinect needed to be connected because it was such an integral part of the console? Both of which they retracted....

Again, there was no switch flipped. Yeah... you CANNOT do that. Major Nelson was right.

What they can do, and what they did was design a mandatory day one patch to redo the DRM, etc. You know... something that required a lot of effort, unlike flipping a switch.
---
Always O.G.
#60lelioPosted 5/1/2014 4:56:13 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Most people in here can't read, or comprehend simple sentences.

From the article:

"You have to remember the Xbox 360 is a very mature platform that has been around for almost 10 years," he wrote. "In that time we added a TON of new features. Xbox One is a completely new architecture so we can't just take work that was done on Xbox 360 and plop [it] into the code base of Xbox One. Things don't work that way."

Does no one understand this? It makes sense. Major Nelson is not saying it's NOT possible. But just dropping in or "plop"ing in 360 features, like a copy and paste -- will not work.

Our favorite 360 features should/will return, but it'll take a while until they can code it.

But go ahead and suck at reading and cry all day.

Whether the features can be "plopped in" is a moot point. They built the machine without basic features that their customers were expecting. It doesn't matter to the customer how the features were supposed to be introduced to the architecture.