XB1, Titanfall and Forza 5 bundle for $450

#1skermacPosted 4/23/2014 8:08:42 AM
This is a great sale. I think this is the only way to get the price close to the PS4 by giving games with it. The only way to increase XB1 sales is to lower that $500 price tax for good, as the article states.

"The most recent Xbox One deal is a doozy from Newegg. For those looking to pick up an Xbox One from the online retailer, they can snag Forza Motorsport 5 and Titanfall in an Xbox One bundle that retails for $450. A bundle like this unofficially undercuts the PlayStation 4.

Granted, itís the retailers that are doing the price cutting at this point, looking to move surplus consoles out of their inventory. A surplus thatís likely the culprit in Microsoft issuing us their 5 million shipped figure. Is it time for Microsoft to officially drop the price of the Xbox One and start giving consumers a compelling argument to buy the new console without waiting for a fire sale?

Itís been decided. Consumers believe that the PlayStation 4 is the less expensive, more powerful alternative. Games only sell consoles, to an extent. At some point, there will be no game big enough for Microsoft to deliver enough value to the consumer to forgo their option to buy a PlayStation 4 instead. At some point, demand at the $500 price point will dry up completely, if it hasnít already started.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-360/microsoft-officially-drop-price-xbox/
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Jedi454Posted 4/23/2014 8:15:55 AM
Strong Sony fanboy reassurance.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#3ExempliGratiaPosted 4/23/2014 8:19:36 AM
Stealth troll topic?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:21:07 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Strong Sony fanboy reassurance.

Fact: To stay competitive in the long run MS needs to lower the price gap between the Xbox One and the PS4. A handful of exclusives won't be enough to get most people to pay $100 more for a console with the same games.
---
#5billOrileyPosted 4/23/2014 8:22:16 AM
It's obvious that they're cutting the price to get rid of consoles just sitting in their inventory.looks like ms shipped out too many consoles for something that's not in demand.
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:23:07 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
Stealth troll topic?

Troll? It's about a great sale! 2 games and an XB1 for $450. Only a hardcore fanboy would think this is a troll topic. The article also states the XB1 needs a lower price to be competitive. But we all already knew that.
---
#7skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:25:01 AM
billOriley posted...
It's obvious that they're cutting the price to get rid of consoles just sitting in their inventory.looks like ms shipped out too many consoles for something that's not in demand.

The only reason XB1's aren't selling more is people can play the same games on the PS4 for $100 less. MS has got to officially lower the price of the XB1 or it will forever lag in sales.
---
#8HyzinBurgPosted 4/23/2014 8:27:50 AM
Actually, I think all they need to do is ditch the mandatory Kinect and allow their customers to choose whether or not they want it. They should come out with a Kinectless Xbox One bundle and then perhaps they will see more sales. If not, Xbox dOne.
---
The Xbox One board: Where people with different opinions are Sony Fanboys.
#9skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:38:46 AM
HyzinBurg posted...
Actually, I think all they need to do is ditch the mandatory Kinect and allow their customers to choose whether or not they want it. They should come out with a Kinectless Xbox One bundle and then perhaps they will see more sales. If not, Xbox dOne.

I agree with you, but I think MS is dead set on keeping the Kinect no matter what.
---
#10IzraeilPosted 4/23/2014 8:47:55 AM
I don't think lower price is going to help MS.
PS3 consistently outsold the 360 every year except 2008 after they were both on the market, and PS3 was always $100-$200 more expensive.
The playstation brand and Sony's history as always delivering the best games in a variety of genres are too big of factors for MS to compete with on equal ground.