What genre of video games you feel takes the most skill?

#21aheroafakePosted 4/23/2014 10:53:11 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
aheroafake posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
You are a better man than I.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

No I'm seriously not. lol

Sometimes I can come off as rude if taken in a different context. But hopefully this will clarify things.

That takes balls to admit, thank you lol. I will admit though, I'm not that great of a man.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#22ejay8320Posted 4/23/2014 10:55:41 AM
aheroafake posted...
ejay8320 posted...
RTS...

Micromanagement
- Unit Control
- Positioning + formations
- Use of Abilities
- Focus Firing (targeting specific units)

Macromanagement
- Unit Production
- Resource Gathering
- Expansions
- Build Orders

Tactics
- When & Where to use unit abilities
- Knowing Priority kills
- Knowing Where & When to engage

Strategy
- Scouting / Predicting Opponents strategy(Unit composition)
- Map Awareness - knowing where your opponents units are or general location
- Building Counter units to your opponents units
- Executing your own plans be it - harassment, quick tech, rush, containment etc...

I'm actually gonna have to agree with this. Fighting games have got to be a runner-up though.

Lol forgot to add - while having fighter gamers muscle memory.
#23JohnWall32Posted 4/23/2014 10:57:31 AM
fps and it's not even close
---
Board User Level: Legend
#24Laylow12Posted 4/23/2014 10:58:24 AM
Fighting games and RTS. I agree with both and having played both, I gotta say fighting games are harder. It's not the popular answer but most high level RTS guys have a rhythm they get into and time to adjust things. Fighting games you have .1 second windows to hit frame links, strategy and all taking place in a very short window of time.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#25Joey-ZazaPosted 4/23/2014 10:59:35 AM
No it's genuine. Speaking multiple languages puts you an edge above others for your career.

But back on topic. I swear I can get the hang of fighting games because it is simple memorizing. But RTS is just way too fast paced for me and you have to have a special brain to be able to switch your strategy mid battle.

I'm the guy who plays Warcraft 3 and is still like building my base when the guy comes out with an army and I have a peon.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#26ejay8320Posted 4/23/2014 11:00:21 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Fighting games and RTS. I agree with both and having played both, I gotta say fighting games are harder. It's not the popular answer but most high level RTS guys have a rhythm they get into and time to adjust things. Fighting games you have .1 second windows to hit frame links, strategy and all taking place in a very short window of time.

It's a different kind of hard IMO, Not everyone has the reflex to be good at a fighting game, but good management, control, planning can make up the lack of reflex in an RTS.
#27RybalPosted 4/23/2014 11:17:42 AM
Virobot posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...
It's ok. Don't feel bad. I'm French but can't speak French.

That's quite different from being French and refusing to speak English, which is what I experience in Quebec every time I go.

Except that French is an official language in Quebec, so refusing to speak English isn't completely crazy. (Certainly less crazy than 2nd generation immigrants to the US that refuse to learn English; though the US never did formally adopt English as an official language)
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#28RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/23/2014 11:19:50 AM
Side scrollers
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#29richboy900Posted 4/23/2014 11:20:44 AM
Forza online without driving assists
#30kennyynnooPosted 4/23/2014 11:20:52 AM
Farm simulators, because you have to stay awake and care.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.