What genre of video games you feel takes the most skill?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What genre of video games you feel takes the most skill?
1 year ago#31
fighting easily
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
1 year ago#32
Trials Game series
1 year ago#33
Without a doubt, simulation racing games.
---
GT:NightlordHypn0s
PSN:Saakk129
1 year ago#34
ejay8320 posted...
RTS...

Micromanagement
- Unit Control
- Positioning + formations
- Use of Abilities
- Focus Firing (targeting specific units)

Macromanagement
- Unit Production
- Resource Gathering
- Expansions
- Build Orders

Tactics
- When & Where to use unit abilities
- Knowing Priority kills
- Knowing Where & When to engage

Strategy
- Scouting / Predicting Opponents strategy(Unit composition)
- Map Awareness - knowing where your opponents units are or general location
- Building Counter units to your opponents units
- Executing your own plans be it - harassment, quick tech, rush, containment etc...

This. I suck at RTS and turned based strategy "namely Civilization V" but i still like them. Oh and i used to be a C&C player even though i suck.
1 year ago#35
ejay8320 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
Fighting games and RTS. I agree with both and having played both, I gotta say fighting games are harder. It's not the popular answer but most high level RTS guys have a rhythm they get into and time to adjust things. Fighting games you have .1 second windows to hit frame links, strategy and all taking place in a very short window of time.

It's a different kind of hard IMO, Not everyone has the reflex to be good at a fighting game, but good management, control, planning can make up the lack of reflex in an RTS.

I agree completely. I feel its a six of one and a half dozen of the other topic. Could go either way but I gave the win to fighting games because of the 1second frame links.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
1 year ago#36
toolman129 posted...
Without a doubt, simulation racing games.

I have to give the nod to RTS games, but sim racers are right up there, too. It's much more than just track memorization.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
1 year ago#37
ejay8320 posted...
RTS...

Micromanagement
- Unit Control
- Positioning + formations
- Use of Abilities
- Focus Firing (targeting specific units)

Macromanagement
- Unit Production
- Resource Gathering
- Expansions
- Build Orders

Tactics
- When & Where to use unit abilities
- Knowing Priority kills
- Knowing Where & When to engage

Strategy
- Scouting / Predicting Opponents strategy(Unit composition)
- Map Awareness - knowing where your opponents units are or general location
- Building Counter units to your opponents units
- Executing your own plans be it - harassment, quick tech, rush, containment etc...
1 year ago#38
RTS, Fighting (mastering it anyway) and the most xtreme modes on Rhythm / Music games seem the hardest, also some RPG's are brutal let it either be a higher difficulty or just the series overall.
1 year ago#39
I don't see why people keep bringing up this combo memorization and then you're jesus. You have to find openings for that combo and then certain combos are for certain sitatuions. And some times you may have initiated too close and you drop the combo too quick or too far etc. Like they're so many more things than just knowing combos. You gotta know who you're playing agaisnt, what's they're play style do they have more health, do they counter you. There soooo much more than just combo. Rts is just a lot of multitasking and micromanagment solo, but competive its a lot different. Idk Id say they're pretty close. Mobas are also pretty skill driven.
---
This is for all the people that label themselves as "True"gamers http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyRSYhLn4RCI
1 year ago#40
Fighting Games and Stealth Type Games.
---
A good game's a good game, so why do we have console wars?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What genre of video games you feel takes the most skill?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived