What genre of video games you feel takes the most skill?

#41ReplayKillah32Posted 4/23/2014 12:05:51 PM
Geist posted...
RTS, fighters are hard, but you can memorize move lists, you can not do the same of strategy.

I agree with RTS being the hardest, but from what I've seen watching fighting game tourneys there's plenty of strategy in it. Just memorizing a move list won't help you if you don't know how to use them or when to.
---
"I never seen a star on a red rug, If I wanna see stars I just look above"
Playing: Infamous: SS. Smite, Awesomenauts, NBA 2k14, BF4
#42hyjinx17Posted 4/23/2014 12:07:18 PM
RTS and there isn't even a close second

Which is why I suck at RTS and can't get past the crap tier in starcraft lol
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#43Joey-ZazaPosted 4/23/2014 12:11:31 PM
hyjinx17 posted...

I'm the same way I feel like a complete moron when I play RTS games online.

I'll be like just starting to mine and have like 2 fighting units and the enemy just comes over and destroys me with this giant army.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#44UrgaleetPosted 4/23/2014 12:15:46 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

I'm the same way I feel like a complete moron when I play RTS games online.

I'll be like just starting to mine and have like 2 fighting units and the enemy just comes over and destroys me with this giant army.

That's why I always do co-op matches. That way, if we lose, I can always just blame my partner.
---
Get him, girls! Maybe you can get a rise out of this limp wimp.
I AM the Shogun of Harlem!
#45dormcastePosted 4/23/2014 12:18:04 PM
RTS no question at all
#46ssringoPosted 4/23/2014 12:18:28 PM
Speedrunning.

Yeah it's not a genre. Still the guys at the top in some games show incredible amounts of skill. I'm always in awe watching Super Metroid speed run races. Tricks that only have a few frames in which to do the button inputs.
---
What the Hell is wrong with this topic!?
Females are now males, males are now females, little girls are now Batman. -TalesofGod
#47dormcastePosted 4/23/2014 12:20:33 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
fps and it's not even close

Lol no. FPS are way easier these days. The competition level is laughably low compared to the early 2000s.
#48BombermanGoldPosted 4/23/2014 12:21:24 PM
Turn-Based and Real-Time Strategy
FIghting Games (for most. There's only soo much knowing how to do a move or combo can take you).
and...

Twitch-based Arena FPS games of old (especially the likes of Quake and Unreal Tournament series). Why?
- nigh split-second reflexes required (especially when you make it to the big leagues.)
- pin-point accuracy a MUST (you miss that shot with a hit-scan one-shot weapon? expect opponent to make you pay for that)
- memorization of the maps and COMPLETE utilization of such (know where ALL power-ups and guns are, know the respawn times of said pick-ups, know where map hazards are)
- know ALL of your movement options and capabilities (when and how to use move boosting tech like rocket-jumping (Quake), double jump+wall jumps (UT) )
- always out-thinking your opponent in the heat of everything flying at you, whether one-on-one or against several.
- Doing all the above while CONSTANTLY moving around at ALL times. Back then, you couldn't even camp safely for long without SOMETHING flying at you or someone already running to your spot to gun you down.
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#49kennyynnooPosted 4/23/2014 12:21:33 PM
Well you might need to separate online from SP. Online racing with people who tune the cars for each track accordingly are impossible to beat and usually win by 10+ seconds no matter how good of a race you have.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#50ConsumerWarningPosted 4/23/2014 12:26:41 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
RTS without a doubt.

Yup.