A year ago, did you think the PS4 and Xbox One would be selling the way they are

#1Dark World RulerPosted 4/23/2014 11:18:20 AM
Personally, I thought the Xbox One and PS4 would be way closer in sales. Like the PS4 slightly edging out the Xbox One because of Europe, but I never thought that Sony would also take the US with the PS4's popularity.

It's just hard to believe there is such a huge gap in just the first few months of the two competing against each other. Did you ever anticipate this sales situation being the way it is now?
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2cheezedadadaPosted 4/23/2014 11:20:51 AM
I originally didn't expect this many console sales of either platform. Both are selling more than I thought they would. As for the actual gap in sales, its still early so the difference isn't mind blowing yet. It'll be more interesting to see what the numbers are in a year or two. (Actually, I dont care about sales...I just want more games to play)
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and everything else.
#3RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/23/2014 11:20:55 AM
Yes

PS4 $399 and XB1 $499. Sales are as I expected, great for both consoles.
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#4kyncaniPosted 4/23/2014 11:28:50 AM
Microsoft is only outsold by Sony two to one, which isn't so bad right now :)

And they were just neck to neck a few months ago as well !
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 4/23/2014 11:30:53 AM
What has surprised me most is the emphasis on, and the seeming embracement of, indie games as a selling point with this new generation of hardware. I wouldn't have guessed that a year ago.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/23/2014 11:32:47 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
What has surprised me most is the emphasis on, and the seeming embracement of, indie games as a selling point with this new generation of hardware. I wouldn't have guessed that a year ago.

I would agree a bit with this, especially on the PS4. Since when are thrown together titles by second rate developers a good thing to base 1/3 of your library on?
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#7JiZamezPosted 4/23/2014 12:06:08 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

PS4 $399 and XB1 $499. Sales are as I expected, great for both consoles.

Price wasn't announced a year ago today, liar.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
#8Joey-ZazaPosted 4/23/2014 12:08:44 PM
I had an inkling that the whole DRM was blown way out of proportion from sites like this one.

But it is selling worse than I thought.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#9-Oath-Posted 4/23/2014 12:11:56 PM
MReflex-Arc posted...

More games are always better than less games.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#10xacebopPosted 4/23/2014 12:12:13 PM
I honestly didn't believe the xbone would be selling this well after last years fiasco. So good for them.