A year ago, did you think the PS4 and Xbox One would be selling the way they are

#11reincarnator07Posted 4/23/2014 12:36:55 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
What has surprised me most is the emphasis on, and the seeming embracement of, indie games as a selling point with this new generation of hardware. I wouldn't have guessed that a year ago.

I would agree a bit with this, especially on the PS4. Since when are thrown together titles by second rate developers a good thing to base 1/3 of your library on?

Since some of those titles played better than the majority of AAA games?
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#12ghost140Posted 4/23/2014 12:42:37 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
What has surprised me most is the emphasis on, and the seeming embracement of, indie games as a selling point with this new generation of hardware. I wouldn't have guessed that a year ago.

I would agree a bit with this, especially on the PS4. Since when are thrown together titles by second rate developers a good thing to base 1/3 of your library on?

second - rate? kinda harsh don't ya think? While I agree there are indies not worth the language they are coded on I'd rather pay for FTL than for Knack or Ryse.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
#13PorungaPosted 4/23/2014 12:44:35 PM
Yep. The only one that I was surprised was not doing as well as I thought it might was the Wii U.
#14leelee3105Posted 4/23/2014 12:45:44 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

PS4 $399 and XB1 $499. Sales are as I expected, great for both consoles.

here is the answer. when most people are just casual gamers or are buying as gifts for their kids theyre going to buy the cheaper one.
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#15PorungaPosted 4/23/2014 12:53:47 PM
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

here is the answer. when most people are just casual gamers or are buying as gifts for their kids theyre going to buy the cheaper one.

While mostly true, that does not explain wii u's difficulties. Casuals wouldn't know about its lack of games, so why isn't it selling more by casuals? My guess is the confusing name.. I have heard several people in stores that thought the wii u was a add on to the wii.
#16PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 4/23/2014 12:57:08 PM
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

YOU DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS SWAY!

YOU DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS!
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#17Ramsus082Posted 4/23/2014 1:03:05 PM
Nobody expected this. Everybody in the entire industry thought that the X1 would be the market leader this generation. Absolutely everyone.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#18RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/23/2014 1:25:04 PM
Porunga posted...
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

While mostly true, that does not explain wii u's difficulties. Casuals wouldn't know about its lack of games, so why isn't it selling more by casuals? My guess is the confusing name.. I have heard several people in stores that thought the wii u was a add on to the wii.

Because the Wii set in motion what people expect from WiiU. Lack of graphics, lack of diverse library, lack of third parties! Lack of online quality and online gaming, lack of feature, lack of storage, and the list goes on.
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#19MRL3G3NDPosted 4/23/2014 1:27:08 PM
for some odd reason I thought they would both go for mind blowing gaming

instead they went the cheap route

what an embarrassing disappointment...the brand new next gen systems could not play crysis 1 in 1080p/60fps

a game that's almost 6 years old
---
WU-TANG vs BF4
http://youtu.be/TVmvMvJ67zo
#20PorungaPosted 4/23/2014 1:34:15 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Porunga posted...
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

Because the Wii set in motion what people expect from WiiU. Lack of graphics, lack of diverse library, lack of third parties! Lack of online quality and online gaming, lack of feature, lack of storage, and the list goes on.

Casuals would know nothing about any of that. They go for the cheapest system, or so it is claimed.