A year ago, did you think the PS4 and Xbox One would be selling the way they are

#21RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/23/2014 1:38:15 PM
They probably did go cheapest system last gen with Wii, but soon after purchased figures out what they bought. And it wasn't quality, it was a gimmicky basic brick of a system. Probably learned their lesson.
---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU
#22richboy900Posted 4/23/2014 1:39:14 PM
I did as soon as we knew the Xbox was going to be an all round media system. Gaming should have been priority number 1, and it's why many went with the ps4 (as well as better hardware for less money).

I would say the one is the more innovative console however. Instant snapping is handy.
#23HorridhalPosted 4/23/2014 1:41:14 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
What has surprised me most is the emphasis on, and the seeming embracement of, indie games as a selling point with this new generation of hardware. I wouldn't have guessed that a year ago.

I would agree a bit with this, especially on the PS4. Since when are thrown together titles by second rate developers a good thing to base 1/3 of your library on?

Considering that, because of indies, PS4 has a multitude of games to play that X1 doesn't I wouldn't say it is a bad thing.

Also there seems to be this assumption that you either get indies or triple A's. This isn't the case. The ps4 is getting indies and triple a's on top of its exclusives which leads to diversification of game choices, which leads to more people being able to find a game they want to play.

It is STUPID to view indies as a bad thing. Especially when you factor in that 90% of current devs started out as indie developers.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#24Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 4/23/2014 1:44:20 PM
It was obvious to me that PS4 would be ahead worldwide and once MS announced some things and people went crazy(along with when the price tag was announced) it was clear that they had some work ahead of them even in the US. After all of that MS is still doing good and obviously Sony is doing great.
#25TheBonfiniPosted 4/23/2014 1:47:34 PM
JiZamez posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

PS4 $399 and XB1 $499. Sales are as I expected, great for both consoles.

Price wasn't announced a year ago today, liar.

---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#26aheroafakePosted 4/24/2014 3:12:40 PM(edited)
I knew both consoles would be selling good but not as good as they currently are but I also didn't think PS4 would be out-selling Xbox One at the rate it currently is.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#27ejay8320Posted 4/24/2014 4:02:33 PM
Porunga posted...
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

here is the answer. when most people are just casual gamers or are buying as gifts for their kids theyre going to buy the cheaper one.

While mostly true, that does not explain wii u's difficulties. Casuals wouldn't know about its lack of games, so why isn't it selling more by casuals? My guess is the confusing name.. I have heard several people in stores that thought the wii u was a add on to the wii.

WiiU's difficulties stemmed from people thinking the WiiU was just an accessory to the Wii, it didn't sound like a next upcoming console it was marketed badly and the lower sales affected 3rd party support which lead to even less sales.
#28Sipher360Posted 4/24/2014 7:50:46 PM
Porunga posted...
leelee3105 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
Yes

here is the answer. when most people are just casual gamers or are buying as gifts for their kids theyre going to buy the cheaper one.

While mostly true, that does not explain wii u's difficulties. Casuals wouldn't know about its lack of games, so why isn't it selling more by casuals? My guess is the confusing name.. I have heard several people in stores that thought the wii u was a add on to the wii.

Surprisingly I have as well. As late as a month ago.
---
"Now senators are getting high....and your plan against the ghetto back-fired..."--Ice Cube
#29Mindwipe77Posted 4/24/2014 7:59:59 PM
who cares which sells more??? just play your console
---
Proud owner of X1,PS4 and Wii U, I pity childish fanboys
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#30CmJudgePosted 4/24/2014 8:14:38 PM
Mindwipe77 posted...
who cares which sells more??? just play your console

This.

Not to mention that any post diggin on the other console just reeks of envy and is a sure fire way to demonstrate how inadequate you feel about your purchase. If you were happy about it, the other one wouldn't be in your thoughts so much.
---
GT: AltusJanitorius PSN: Altus_Janitorius
-A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer-