A year ago, did you think the PS4 and Xbox One would be selling the way they are

#41RaRitsujunPosted 5/3/2014 5:43:20 PM
Poor bone. =(((
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 49 PSN Platinums - Level 26 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#42axelfooley2k5Posted 5/3/2014 5:48:09 PM
i figured before the specs were revealed that xbox would be the most powerful and sony would run on exclusives like they did with ps3

i was off
---
Sergeant Harrison Yates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv62bDzeWKQ
#43kyncaniPosted 5/3/2014 10:03:04 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
Poor bone. =(((

Want a day one edition ?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0

I'm trying to sell them.

It. Is. Not. Easy.
#44TheGam3925Posted 5/3/2014 10:19:22 PM
kyncani posted...
Microsoft is only outsold by Sony two to one, which isn't so bad right now :)

And they were just neck to neck a few months ago as well !

Two to one isn't too bad right now, but if the trend continues it could be.
---
People on my ignore list - 0
Because I'm not a cry baby.
#45GeminiX7Posted 5/3/2014 11:41:14 PM
Before the press conference I honestly thought the X1 would outsell the PS4. Between the success of the 360 and some of the PS3 hardships I thought more would gravitatee to it. Hell at that point I planned to buy one too.

On a side note I pretty much figured WiiU would be in the situation its in now when I realized that they didnt really announce any new games they hadnt already teased the year before.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#46StrongBlackVinePosted 5/4/2014 2:16:31 AM
Yes things are going about how I expected, but I did not think the Xbone would a launch that was a successful as it was. The demand has slowed down to where I thought it would be now. Honestly Microsoft should be happy with they are because it could have been a LOT worse.
#47StrongBlackVinePosted 5/4/2014 2:17:49 AM
Pantera_head667 posted...
I don't think we needed a next gen yet. It doesn't particularly 'feel' next gen, the difference isn't enormous and most 'next gen' games are coming out for the previous gen. Neither of the consoles are giving their moneys worth just yet, roll on E3.

If you enjoy 8 year old hardware that is your opinion, but it was definitely time for a new generation of consoles.
#48RagnarokxvPosted 5/4/2014 6:38:56 AM
The land-slide effect. It starts as an early lead but as this influences the early stages of these consoles life span the priority put towards PS4 regarding multi-plats and developers making decisions regarding maximizing their profits which ultimately points towards the PS4 will compound the damage. What seems like a subtle advantage for the competition right now is the precursor to a much worse situation for the XBONE.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#49FenriswolfPosted 5/4/2014 6:46:22 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
The land-slide effect. It starts as an early lead but as this influences the early stages of these consoles life span the priority put towards PS4 regarding multi-plats and developers making decisions regarding maximizing their profits which ultimately points towards the PS4 will compound the damage. What seems like a subtle advantage for the competition right now is the precursor to a much worse situation for the XBONE.

Oh please, the PS3 still sold well despite coming off a laughable E3 2006, losing basically all of its former thirds party exclusives like DMC, FF, and Tekken, and having noticeable performance issues in games like Orange Box, Bayonetta, and Skyrim. This isn't a PS2 vs Xbox userbase gap we're talking about here, and as game development are getting more expensive, third parties could no longer afford to keep their games one console exclusive.
---
Hello
#50BryanPS360Posted 5/4/2014 7:56:45 AM
A year ago... Right around the time of Xbox One's reveal, yeah?

No. After that event I imagined the Xbox selling much worse.
---
XBGT:RedHawkDirewolf PSN and NNID: RedHawk_Direwolf