Atlus, Nippon Ichi, From Software, Level 5 and more making XB1 games.

#11regsantotomasPosted 4/23/2014 12:57:36 PM
Great. A wide selection of genres is always welcome news.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#12Ramsus082Posted 4/23/2014 12:59:01 PM
Level 5 has done games like the Dark Cloud(PS2) series and White Knight Chronicles(PS3). Nippon Ichi developed Disgaea and Way of the Samurai. Very niche developers.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#13ghost140Posted 4/23/2014 12:59:02 PM
I find it hilarious that back during last-gen every time some one said any thing about the need for more JRPG or games from Japanese devs in general for the 360 people scoffed at the notion. Now it's the best thing to ever happen for X1.

Then again Sony fanboys hated on TF since it was announced that it would not be on the PS4 but once it was rumored TF2 would be coming it's now a good thing.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
#14Ramsus082Posted 4/23/2014 12:59:42 PM
From Software did Armored Core and Dark Souls.
---
"Exclusives MIGHT look better on the PS4. Multiplatform games will look identical." - You
#15dementedlullabyPosted 4/23/2014 1:04:45 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Good news, but who's going to play them? X1 doesn't have many JRPG gamers or people who even respect the genre. Interesting.

I'll play them.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#16regsantotomasPosted 4/23/2014 1:12:32 PM
ghost140 posted...
I find it hilarious that back during last-gen every time some one said any thing about the need for more JRPG or games from Japanese devs in general for the 360 people scoffed at the notion. Now it's the best thing to ever happen for X1.

Then again Sony fanboys hated on TF since it was announced that it would not be on the PS4 but once it was rumored TF2 would be coming it's now a good thing.

I think that is a bit of a broad brush.

My favorite game series is Super Robot Taisen currently only available on PS3. If that series shows up on PS4, I will buy that system the same day. Right now, I am really enjoying Titanfall on Xbox One and am looking forward to Kinect games like Fantasia.

It's silly to think people's tastes are so linear to be simply pro/anti FPS or pro/anti JRPG.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#17-CheeseSteak-Posted 4/23/2014 1:14:43 PM
DarthLaharl posted...
Atlus,

Catherine part 2 please.
---
http://i.imgur.com/oYxrozA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/bf7V5UA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CX2wuHR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wrC7PDT.jpg
#18WinnsockPosted 4/23/2014 1:17:49 PM
I hope this stuff is true! I'm craving some new anime-styled games. I recently started playing JRPGs on my 360 and while most are not excellent, they are a guilty pleasure of mine.
---
GT: Winnsock
#19ghost140Posted 4/23/2014 1:18:25 PM
regsantotomas posted...
ghost140 posted...

I think that is a bit of a broad brush.

My favorite game series is Super Robot Taisen currently only available on PS3. If that series shows up on PS4, I will buy that system the same day. Right now, I am really enjoying Titanfall on Xbox One and am looking forward to Kinect games like Fantasia.

It's silly to think people's tastes are so linear to be simply pro/anti FPS or pro/anti JRPG.

Perhaps it is a bit broad nevertheless the brush can be used.
---
Big publishers have yet to grasp the concept that unless they offer serious money and accept a big share of the risk, nobody needs them anymore. - Dan Vavra
#20BSerenityPosted 4/23/2014 1:36:36 PM
Signing up doesn't mean anything. There were numerous Japanese developers who signed up to develop for the X360. 98% of them didn't develop a single title.

Need to keep your expectations in check.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.