Atlus, Nippon Ichi, From Software, Level 5 and more making XB1 games.

#21White_Knight13Posted 4/23/2014 1:44:29 PM
Are these just devs that have asked for a dev kit?

N1 didn't release any games on 360, did they? Atlus and Catherine, Level-5 must have required a fair sum of money after True Fantasy Live if they're actually making a game for X1.

I'm cautious about this. I just don't really see X1 taking off in Japan even with this support.
#22EllesarienPosted 4/23/2014 1:47:19 PM(edited)
BSerenity posted...
Signing up doesn't mean anything. There were numerous Japanese developers who signed up to develop for the X360. 98% of them didn't develop a single title.

Need to keep your expectations in check.

I think you do that enough on anything X-1 or MS related for the entire board.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#2382xenoPosted 4/23/2014 1:49:07 PM
White_Knight13 posted...
Are these just devs that have asked for a dev kit?

N1 didn't release any games on 360, did they? Atlus and Catherine, Level-5 must have required a fair sum of money after True Fantasy Live if they're actually making a game for X1.

I'm cautious about this. I just don't really see X1 taking off in Japan even with this support.

Pretty sure that's just the case. I mean if you think about it, development tools are kind of a necessity to properly estimate time, labor, and quality when forecasting future projects and system release potential. This really is in no way indicative of them actually developing content for the device.
---
Shwing
#24ORANGE666Posted 4/23/2014 2:05:26 PM
Signing up to make games doesn't mean anything. Even announcing untitled games with no titles doesn't mean anything. Rockstar, Capcom and lots more devs signed on to make games for Vita, Atlus even announced SMT for Vita but nothing in development.

Basically MS goes to developer and asks
"Are you interested in making games for XOne in the future?"
Dev says yes
Microsoft adds them as a developer for their system

Sony and Nintendo do the same thing. It doesn't even mean the developer has a devkit.
As long as there is a slight chance that a developer might make a game for their system, one of the 3 will announce them as on board.
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#25stawg007Posted 4/23/2014 2:12:00 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Good news, but who's going to play them? X1 doesn't have many JRPG gamers or people who even respect the genre. Interesting.

I definitely will. JRPGs are my favorite.

Me too

Although I'l need to get my xbone first
#26TauriLeaderPosted 4/23/2014 3:32:42 PM
Don't expect many exclusives out of that list. More than likely it is a bunch of multiplatform titles. Level 5 are developing Wonder Flick for all platforms including iOS.

The tales of developer has already ruled out Xbox One development for the next game.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#27IzraeilPosted 4/23/2014 3:44:20 PM
Level 5 is working on a PS4 exclusive RPG, at least that's what their CEO said.
#28Jx1010Posted 4/23/2014 3:47:14 PM
Problem is...
Xbox owners dont buy Japanese games, they only buy shooting games.

The japanese games with online are dead on xbox360 while the communities are still fully active on PS3
#29IroncondorzPosted 4/23/2014 4:11:31 PM(edited)
Robin_Mask posted...
What has Nippon Ichi done? First time I hear of them.

Same for Level 5, although I may have heard the name once.

Level 5 is most well known for developing Dragon Quest (8,9) games for Square Enix. They also make the Professor Layton games I believe. They also made Ni no Kuni.

Nippon Ichi is most famous for the Disgaea series which is a strategy rpg. Other than that they mostly focus on smaller stuff.
#30IroncondorzPosted 4/23/2014 4:10:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]