Watch Dogs looks identical on Xbox One & PS4

#11StrongBlackVinePosted 4/23/2014 4:26:55 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
"...they're absolutely identical. It's completely transparent to us. The only difference is the icon on the screen." - Colin Graham, Watch Dogs developer.

Developer trying to sell his game....totally unbiased and no reason to try to mitigate any fallout from Xbone having the inferior version.
#12Satchmo25Posted 4/23/2014 4:28:31 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
"...they're absolutely identical. It's completely transparent to us. The only difference is the icon on the screen." - Colin Graham, Watch Dogs developer.

Developer trying to sell his game....totally unbiased and no reason to try to mitigate any fallout from Xbone having the inferior version.

pray for it, your sony overlords are proud
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#13VoidBeyondPosted 4/23/2014 4:37:54 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
It is sub-1080p on Xbone so it is not identical.

Identical and looks identical are two different things.

It would not look identical to me. Non-native 1080p is noticeably more blurry to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAlBWw6lnvo
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#14BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 4:43:53 PM
BoneRevolution posted...

http://i.imgur.com/7BxRs5F.gif
#15billOrileyPosted 4/23/2014 4:50:19 PM(edited)
lol, like the developer is gonna say the ps4 version looks better and the xbone version looks worse. The man is pitching his game to maximize the sales potential. There are many developers that came out claiming that games are gonna be "identical" last gen and it turned out to be looking better on the 360. Example. Rockstar and gta4
#16jparis09Posted 4/23/2014 5:05:08 PM
Well the PC version will be superior as usual I'm sure. Then the PS4 version followed by the Xbox One which will more than likely be 900p. I'm leaning towards getting the PC version. Maybe the PS4 for trophies. Maybe the Xbox One if multiplayer is good.
---
Proud owner of a Xbox One, PS4, Vita, 3DS and a PC.
Why you may ask? Simply because I play games not companies.
#17jairusmonillasPosted 4/23/2014 5:08:19 PM
billOriley posted...
lol, like the developer is gonna say the ps4 version looks better and the xbone version looks worse. The man is pitching his game to maximize the sales potential. There are many developers that came out claiming that games are gonna be "identical" last gen and it turned out to be looking better on the 360. Example. Rockstar and gta4

This.

It's Ubisoft they are afraid to lose sales more than anything.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 2.00 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB GDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#18spacejamjordanzPosted 4/23/2014 5:10:12 PM
Watch DF say otherwise once the game is released.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#19BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 5:20:43 PM
jairusmonillas posted...
billOriley posted...

This.
It's Ubisoft they are afraid to lose sales more than anything.

Why do you guys think the dev is lying? Because of this?

http://couchjockeyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Untitled-770x472.png

Not every dev will lie in your face to make you look stupid, you know. Have faith. There's still good people around.
#20LonethernetPosted 4/23/2014 5:44:35 PM
1080/900, 1 hour of extra content on PS4, likely better AA/textures as seen on all multiplats so far, definitely not identical.
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet