Watch Dogs looks identical on Xbox One & PS4

#51pauljayessPosted 4/24/2014 6:13:45 AM
Geist posted...
pauljayess posted...
Its been great watching xbox people being on the other side of the fence this gen, last gen all you would here from them is how 2 versions on ps3 & 360 that looked identical were apparantly so superior looking on 360, now it's the other way around and the difference doesn't matter

Your life must be complete now.

You're not wrong
#52CrysianiaPosted 4/24/2014 6:19:34 AM
This cant be right, the early trailers were all about how xbox one version was superior because of the cloud...... :)
#53BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 6:45:04 AM
Crysiania posted...
This cant be right, the early trailers were all about how xbox one version was superior because of the cloud...... :)

This can't be right, the early trailers were all about how PS4 version was superior because 50% more powah.

PS4 is easy to develop for, plus Ubisoft have a partnership with Sony to promote the game. No excuses.

All you have to do is pick up the superior PC version and downgrade from there. What you see is what the PS4 can do. - "they're absolutely identical"

50% more powah? Lmao what a joke
#54Juzten76Posted 4/24/2014 7:24:53 AM
leelee3105 posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
BaronVladz posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
It is sub-1080p on Xbone so it is not identical.

Identical and looks identical are two different things.

In terms of video games identical refers to gameplay, content, and graphics. For example, wolfenstein is identical on both consoles. Watch dogs is not.

Honestly we don't know if Wolfesnstein is identical on both consoles. Will have to see the Digital Foundry analysis because I'm sure there will be differences even if they are minor.

Do you realize how Damn dumb this sounds? So if a game is just as fun on either console, looks just as good as far as the naked eye can see, we need to wait so some losers can tell us which one has an extra pixel?

Sounds about right. They needed someone to tell them that Killzone MP wasn't 1080p. Funny how the difference is so drastic yet they need to be told when there's a difference. The Sony fanboys on here are pure comedy gold.
#55AenimaGenesisPosted 4/24/2014 7:27:43 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
50% more powah? Lmao what a joke

Actually, the PS4's RAM is more than 50% more powerful in terms of raw data bandwidth, and 50% more GPU shaders.

Nobody cares about eSRAM. It will not be taken advantage of in today's costly development of games, especially since the PS4 is running away with this generation's victory.
#56prozac786Posted 4/24/2014 7:29:47 AM
So now we're claiming that 720p "looks identical" to 1080p? Lol
---
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x
#57BeefEasterPosted 4/24/2014 7:32:08 AM
lol, xbox one owners thought they bought a next gen console

at this point I bet the MS execs feel like a doctor that has to tell a family their relative died

"you do it"

"no, you do it"
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#58AnakeriePosted 4/24/2014 7:32:33 AM
All I want is for my digital llamas to look bright and fresh. I will not stand for poorly rendered llamas!
---
GT: CrampedSultana PSN: Ana Kerie
Pawn: Zarianna. CARPE LAMA GLAMA
#59blitz_0623Posted 4/24/2014 7:50:21 AM
God I hope DX12 does wonders for the Xbox One. I am sick and tired of all these comparisons between the 2. I just want to see these games to be exactly the same res/fps to stop these pointless trolling from both sides. The worst part is, TC thinks this is a different scenario than other games.

This game is NO DIFFERENT than any multiplat game that's been released.

First of all, when you say "looks identical" you are being subjective. Why the hell would the Ubisoft employee favour the PS4 version? Because of their partnership? Gimme a break, there's been a lot of partnerships but none included publicly favouring one version over the other. Confirming resolution is stating facts which is not applicable to this.

Second, EVERY game is like this. To me at least, and I'm sure to most people (even ponies in denial), every multiplat game look identical with each other. Even the 720p CoD looks identical to a 1080p CoD. And when I say identical, both look great.

That's always been the case. In a nutshell what this guy is trying to say is both versions look great. I'm glad he didn't state resolution otherwise you'd see ponies riling up this topic already. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you have fanboys on the other side thinking "looks identical" translates to "they have the same resolution"
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#60bridog346Posted 4/24/2014 7:53:42 AM
Didn't you know? Fanboyism gives you the power of super eyesight
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is