Watch Dogs looks identical on Xbox One & PS4

#61BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 8:10:09 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
The worst part is, TC thinks this is a different scenario than other games.
This game is NO DIFFERENT than any multiplat game that's been released.

No I don't. Check out comment #48.
#62Viet0nePosted 4/24/2014 8:13:56 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
God I hope DX12 does wonders for the Xbox One. I am sick and tired of all these comparisons between the 2. I just want to see these games to be exactly the same res/fps to stop these pointless trolling from both sides. The worst part is, TC thinks this is a different scenario than other games.

First of all, when you say "looks identical" you are being subjective. Why the hell would the Ubisoft employee favour the PS4 version? Because of their partnership? Gimme a break, there's been a lot of partnerships but none included publicly favouring one version over the other. Confirming resolution is stating facts which is not applicable to this.

Second, EVERY game is like this. To me at least, and I'm sure to most people (even ponies in denial), every multiplat game look identical with each other. Even the 720p CoD looks identical to a 1080p CoD. And when I say identical, both look great.

That's always been the case. In a nutshell what this guy is trying to say is both versions look great. I'm glad he didn't state resolution otherwise you'd see ponies riling up this topic already. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if you have fanboys on the other side thinking "looks identical" translates to "they have the same resolution"

Keep hoping. DX12 is not going to change the frame-buffer problems on the Xbox One. How do I know? because I have already read the DX12 tech specifications and the differences to DX11 and DX10.

There aren't any significant changes to frame-buffer usage because it's not about optimization in DX12, it's about the rendering techniques used in game engines.

32MB of RAM is plenty of space for a 1080p60 framebuffer for last gen games. The number of light sources were low and a forward renderer was sufficient performance.

Dynamic Lighting is used in newer game engines because there are now more light sources and the more light sources you have, the more forward rendering becomes impractical to use. UE4 for example does a mix of both but primarily uses a dynamic render because of the significant increase in the number of objects that project light.

The reason why 900p is the current sweet spot for the Xbox One has already been stated. the frame-buffer fits within the 32MB of ESRAM. The only location of memory in the Xbox One that is sufficient to be used as a frame-buffer.
---
Currently Playing: FFXIV ARR, FFXHD, Spelunky, Infamous SS
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#63blitz_0623Posted 4/24/2014 8:22:32 AM
BoneRevolution posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

That's great. Sorry for assuming, I don't usually bother with older comments. Cheers
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#64BoneRevolution(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 8:24:02 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

That's great. Sorry for assuming, I don't usually bother with older comments. Cheers

No problem
#65AenimaGenesisPosted 4/24/2014 8:38:09 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
God I hope DX12 does wonders for the Xbox One. I am sick and tired of all these comparisons between the 2.

It won't. I don't know how many times it has to be said but no amount of optimisation will change a significant physical gap between the two consoles, and that's even if the PS4 won't get optimised as well - it will.

You're hoping that a little weight training will have a 5ft 5, 120lb Manlet be equal in strength to a 6ft 7, 300lb beast.
#66KaijinSurohmPosted 4/24/2014 8:41:56 AM
i wonder if they'll pull the same stunt as before?

Last time Microsoft attempted to advertise "Gameplay of Watchdogs", the video revealed that it was actually the PS4's footage, and that they tried to (poorly) photoshop out the PS button prompts
---
Disclaimer: "He" is used as a neutered word, as your gender is oblivious to me. It is easier then saying He, She, S/he, and guessing wrong.
#67bgwilly255Posted 4/24/2014 8:48:52 AM
Maybe once Watch_Dogs is released, the PS4 owners won't spend their entire days on this board.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#68gray_fox_00Posted 4/24/2014 9:01:49 AM
Juzten76 posted...
Sounds about right. They needed someone to tell them that Killzone MP wasn't 1080p. Funny how the difference is so drastic yet they need to be told when there's a difference. The Sony fanboys on here are pure comedy gold.

You got it half right. Both sides provide an abundance of entertainment. Then you have god complex PC users calling everyone peasants which isn't really funny so much as it is sad that you're calling someone a peasant over gaming preference.

My point is you can look any direction here and get a laugh. Even when you aren't looking at a Sony fanboy using magical fanboy logic, there's bound to be a gem looking you right in the face.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#69xcmon3yx2Posted 4/24/2014 12:54:41 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
Maybe once Watch_Dogs is released, the PS4 owners won't spend their entire days on this board.

hahaha , i see what you did there
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#70Shinobi120Posted 4/24/2014 1:02:00 PM(edited)
StrongBlackVine posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
"...they're absolutely identical. It's completely transparent to us. The only difference is the icon on the screen." - Colin Graham, Watch Dogs developer.

Developer trying to sell his game....totally unbiased and no reason to try to mitigate any fallout from Xbone having the inferior version.

billOriley posted...
lol, like the developer is gonna say the ps4 version looks better and the xbone version looks worse. The man is pitching his game to maximize the sales potential. There are many developers that came out claiming that games are gonna be "identical" last gen and it turned out to be looking better on the 360. Example. Rockstar and gta4

Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Of course the person who does the animation will say they look identical

He's not going to say "Uh, one version looks less than the other version" That would be just stupid to say.

These. It's nothing more than PR speak.

BoneRevolution posted...
This can't be right, the early trailers were all about how PS4 version was superior because 50% more powah.

PS4 is easy to develop for, plus Ubisoft have a partnership with Sony to promote the game. No excuses.

All you have to do is pick up the superior PC version and downgrade from there. What you see is what the PS4 can do. - "they're absolutely identical"

50% more powah? Lmao what a joke

LOL, you're so gullible. You just eat up everything that developers say.