Anybody else afraid that china....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anybody else afraid that china....

User Info: looselink

looselink
2 years ago#1
Will take over the console market? If the PS4 and XB1 really do end up being really successful in china, i've no doubt that game devs will start making games catering to them, rather than to the US, I imagine it would really hurt the experience that we get.
Yukimura Sanada

User Info: thasnipermaster

thasnipermaster
2 years ago#2
Im opposite of a care bear

User Info: fuzzykuffs

fuzzykuffs
2 years ago#3
Or a new market this large could lead to new types of games that could still be fun. Growing the industry rather than replacing it will be a good thing.

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
2 years ago#4
I, for one, would really welcome some new IPs of any genre based on Chinese mythology and/or history.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
2 years ago#5
Like Brazil ? Big population, growing country, high piracy.

User Info: ry_mann

ry_mann
2 years ago#6
If you took the time to read China's restrictions on what games are allowed, you wouldn't even worry about it.

Besides, people say piracy on PC is bad (it's really no where near as bad as fanboys make it out to be), you should look at the stuff they sell on the black market pertaining to video games.

The latest EEAD (or whatever) panel stated that only 9.7% of all of China's gamers (57 million and beyond) actually paid for games/content.
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com

User Info: Jx1010

Jx1010
2 years ago#7
I would be more afraid if Microsoft outsells to China because they arent doing so well.

User Info: Cowboy082288

Cowboy082288
2 years ago#8
Jx1010 posted...
I would be more afraid if Microsoft outsells to China because they arent doing so well.

What does this mean?
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
2 years ago#9
I think he means sells out to China.

Personally, I don't trust the Chinese and I believe piracy rates will raise substantially once consoles truly roll in.

Almost every console MMO will need a drastic economic restructuring in any event.
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: Gambitbuzzkill

Gambitbuzzkill
2 years ago#10
Would the PS4 even sell well in china with Sony being a Japanese company ?
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anybody else afraid that china....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived