Xbox one or pc?

#11VanderZooPosted 4/24/2014 12:47:28 AM
For me it comes down to comfort, do you prefer playing games on your couch, or at a desk?

And yes you can plug your PC into a TV, but then you have issues like where does your mouse and keyboard go, gaming PC's are massive and don't necessarily fit in, your couch/TV is probably in the living room where other people would also like to use the TV, Windows isn't designed for TV's being viewed at longer distances etc, there isn't 100% controller support etc.

So if you prefer HDTV/couch/controller gaming, then go for the Xbox One. And what the Xbox One does do well, better than any other console, is it makes the TV experience even easier.

Full voice commands and instant switching between TV and gaming.
#12VanderZooPosted 4/24/2014 12:48:50 AM
Pixx0 posted...
I still enjoy paying $20/30 for my games, new, on PC...with them going down to $5/10 on sales. But if you like paying $60 for yours, sure go Xbone.

PC games launch at either $50 or $60 new, if you're talking about games that also get a retail release.
#13thegrimgunnerPosted 4/24/2014 1:13:17 AM(edited)
Right now. My Xbox gets a ton more playtime than my Pc. I personally am not into the whole recording gameplay thing. But as far as I can tell you can add voice over via kinect (upload studios editor) You can only record up to 5 minutes at any time so this may be a problem. But you can edit Clips into longer portions of time.

If you enjoy and have friends on the Xbox online community then its the place for you. The PC can become a lonely place for a social gamer, who dosent have any friends who also own a gaming PC.

So for me go wherever your friends are.

On the pricing side of things. PC wins hands down. In my opinion its a great idea to use both of these as the PC gets many interesting indie games. Rust, Day Z , Starbound, Etc. While older titles are also DIRT cheap and winter, summer, spring and flash sales are pretty awesome.

For the legitimacy of my post, here is my steam account page.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/krason
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#14dnmtPosted 4/24/2014 1:13:42 AM
VanderZoo posted...
Pixx0 posted...
I still enjoy paying $20/30 for my games, new, on PC...with them going down to $5/10 on sales. But if you like paying $60 for yours, sure go Xbone.

PC games launch at either $50 or $60 new, if you're talking about games that also get a retail release.

Places like GMG have 25% off coupons constantly and you can get keys for even cheaper than that if you don't mind using the occasional proxy.
#15JoeArpaioPosted 4/24/2014 1:15:30 AM
avanent posted...
No contest- PC

---
http://i.imgur.com/HCKwOyJ.jpg
#16TenzhiPosted 4/24/2014 3:16:03 AM
Gaming on just about any console is preferable to gaming on PC.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 4/24/2014 3:20:28 AM
PC for sure... Even couch coops are possible thanks to HDMI out and game pads.

Anyone claiming PC gaming is dead is in deep denial
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#18Bs-KILLPosted 4/24/2014 3:30:00 AM
PC.
You can play most of the games from the last gen(Or even the older games.).''
Also cheaper games..(Steam deals.)

(I might give up console gaming after this gen.. maybe..)
---
GT: UltraC0MB0 PSN: BasuraKILLER
Now Playing: Nothing ATM
#19lightfighterPosted 4/24/2014 4:39:20 AM
I say PC.
#20RS_YELARAKAPosted 4/24/2014 4:58:53 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Gaming on just about any console is preferable to gaming on PC.

---
YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffzB_HK9sNU