Remember the good ol' days when the PS2 was the weakest of the big three?

#1VoidBeyondPosted 4/23/2014 8:17:14 PM
But didn't the PS2 do terribly? I mean... It was the weakest, right? It could not have possibly won that gen... No way did it win.

Just because the X1 is weaker, doesn't mean it's going to lose. Just because the PS4 is doing fantastic in sales, doesn't mean to X1 is doing bad. Could be better, but they're not doing bad. It took the PS3 a long time but it managed to get ahead of the 360. Meanwhile the Wii, which was the weakest, blew both of them away but was hardly considered to be running beside PS360.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#2AwayFromHerePosted 4/23/2014 8:18:39 PM
Yeah, cause price has nothing to do with it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3chedibang1994Posted 4/23/2014 8:19:29 PM
Ps1 and ps2 craps on 3 and 4 in my opinion but given by your topic discussion it's possible but for now no one knows
---
My blade will tear you limb from limb, my eyes aren't as cold as my glare, my heart is black as my metal, I am fulgore mark 3, prepare yourself for devastation
#4VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:19:59 PM
AwayFromHere posted...

And the PS3 launched with a $600 price tag, your point?
---
#5AwayFromHerePosted 4/23/2014 8:22:07 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
AwayFromHere posted...

And the PS3 launched with a $600 price tag, your point?

And it didn't sell at that price.

This is the first generation since the PS1 where the most powerful console isn't the most expensive.
---
#6Jedi454Posted 4/23/2014 8:23:40 PM(edited)
I had a PS2, it came with no memory card and I didn't have any games for it for 6 months so my mother traded it in for an Xbox instead. Haven't looked back since. My Ps1 got stepped on by some kid.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#7Who_NosePosted 4/23/2014 8:31:45 PM
By TC's logic the Wii U will "win" this generation.
#8VoidBeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:33:41 PM
Who_Nose posted...
By TC's logic the Wii U will "win" this generation.

No, by my logic I'm saying just because it's weaker doesn't mean it'll lose.
---
#9AwayFromHerePosted 4/23/2014 8:36:05 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I had a PS2, it came with no memory card and I didn't have any games for it for 6 months so my mother traded it in for an Xbox instead. Haven't looked back since. My Ps1 got stepped on by some kid.

Six months and no games? I'm going to assume you got it at launch, in which case, you couldn't have gotten an Xbox.
---
#10IzraeilPosted 4/23/2014 8:36:37 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
But didn't the PS2 do terribly? I mean... It was the weakest, right? It could not have possibly won that gen... No way did it win.

Just because the X1 is weaker, doesn't mean it's going to lose. Just because the PS4 is doing fantastic in sales, doesn't mean to X1 is doing bad. Could be better, but they're not doing bad. It took the PS3 a long time but it managed to get ahead of the 360. Meanwhile the Wii, which was the weakest, blew both of them away but was hardly considered to be running beside PS360.

You're over looking the importance trending in the PS3's case. Ps3 was behind 360 because 360 had a substantial headstart, but after both of them were on the market, PS3 outsold the 360 every year except 2008.
This gen both released at the same time and PS4 is killing 360 in sales every week by huge margins, trending was on PS3's side like it is on PS4's side now. 360 would've never had a chance if it didn't release earlier and people didn't start buying it because their friend had one.