Remember the good ol' days when the PS2 was the weakest of the big three?

#11uniquebadgerPosted 4/23/2014 8:45:37 PM
PS2 had the Final Fantasy series exclusively at the time didn't it?
#12dnmtPosted 4/23/2014 8:46:26 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Who_Nose posted...
By TC's logic the Wii U will "win" this generation.

No, by my logic I'm saying just because it's weaker doesn't mean it'll lose.

You're right, it will just lose for totally unrelated reasons.
#13InterzoneMantraPosted 4/23/2014 8:49:17 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
But didn't the PS2 do terribly? I mean... It was the weakest, right? It could not have possibly won that gen... No way did it win.

Just because the X1 is weaker, doesn't mean it's going to lose. Just because the PS4 is doing fantastic in sales, doesn't mean to X1 is doing bad. Could be better, but they're not doing bad. It took the PS3 a long time but it managed to get ahead of the 360. Meanwhile the Wii, which was the weakest, blew both of them away but was hardly considered to be running beside PS360.

The thing is that x1isn't the ps2. It's got bad press regarding the drm at the start, they put tv and media first instead of the games, and they're forcing kinnect on the consumers for 500 bucks. Weakest/strongest console never really had anything to do with the success of a system. It's all about the games in the end, but when you have the ps4 that's cheaper and stronger, and they got tons of established first party titles, it's hard to ignore that.
#14Jedi454Posted 4/23/2014 8:49:48 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...
I had a PS2, it came with no memory card and I didn't have any games for it for 6 months so my mother traded it in for an Xbox instead. Haven't looked back since. My Ps1 got stepped on by some kid.

Six months and no games? I'm going to assume you got it at launch, in which case, you couldn't have gotten an Xbox.

Dec 2003, all we could afford at the time was the console. I got bored of playing Ps1 games on it.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#15AwayFromHerePosted 4/23/2014 8:54:17 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Dec 2003, all we could afford at the time was the console. I got bored of playing Ps1 games on it.

How does that even make sense?

You have a PS2 and no games at a time in which PS2 had some amazing games available, so you sell it to buy another console in which you would have no games for?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#16jumbrocatPosted 4/23/2014 8:54:31 PM
And just like the PS2 the XB1 launched well ahead of its competition and was one of the most affordable ways to acquire a groundbreaking new piece of technology (DVD)...

Oh nah wait, the situations are completely different lol my mistake
#17Jedi454Posted 4/23/2014 8:59:13 PM(edited)
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...

How does that even make sense?

You have a PS2 and no games at a time in which PS2 had some amazing games available, so you sell it to buy another console in which you would have no games for?

I was 9 bro and had a single parent with one income, so we traded it for an Xbox that had games with it. *cough* emulators *cough*.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#18billOrileyPosted 4/23/2014 9:02:25 PM
see the thing is that the xbone isn't the ps2. It's more of a tv, sports, watercooler cable box. Games are the last priority on it. People actually want a game system, not a water cooler.
#19dnmtPosted 4/23/2014 9:08:16 PM(edited)
billOriley posted...
see the thing is that the xbone isn't the ps2. It's more of a tv, sports, watercooler cable box. Games are the last priority on it. People actually want a game system, not a water cooler.

I don't know about you but I personally can't wait for Halo TV show, Sarah Silverman TV show and Seth Green TV show, only on Xbox One by Microsoft! Gold subscription required.
#20jumbrocatPosted 4/23/2014 9:11:09 PM
So the XBox was the better console only with the small caveat that you had to commit crimes to make it satisfactory? Man, Sony really dropped the ball by not catering to the consumers who refused to buy games.