Remember the good ol' days when the PS2 was the weakest of the big three?

#21RayconPosted 4/23/2014 9:12:53 PM
Jedi454 posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Jedi454 posted...

Dec 2003, all we could afford at the time was the console. I got bored of playing Ps1 games on it.

How does that even make sense?

You have a PS2 and no games at a time in which PS2 had some amazing games available, so you sell it to buy another console in which you would have no games for?

I was 9 bro and had a single parent with one income, so we traded it for an Xbox that had games with it. *cough* emulators *cough*.

I'd make a comment about how much you missed out on, but most of the games from that generation got an HD-remaster last gen.

*shrug*
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#22Dann981Posted 4/23/2014 9:16:54 PM
Can't tell if TC is trolling or just not very bright.... the ps2 was much better than the original Xbox. You couldn't even play DVDs without buying a separate remote. Not to mention FF X DMC 1 2 3 GTA 3 San Andreas liberty city tekken backwards compatible socom 1 2 3 Gran Turismo like. The Xbox had what halo voodoo Vince brink and forza ? Lolplololololololol
---
3DS: 2552-1258-5440 / PSN: Nemisis666
"Does anyone else smell blue?"
#23Robin_MaskPosted 4/23/2014 9:30:54 PM
Dann981 posted...
Can't tell if TC is trolling or just not very bright.... the ps2 was much better than the original Xbox. You couldn't even play DVDs without buying a separate remote. Not to mention FF X DMC 1 2 3 GTA 3 San Andreas liberty city tekken backwards compatible socom 1 2 3 Gran Turismo like. The Xbox had what halo voodoo Vince brink and forza ? Lolplololololololol

Haven't seen a post with such bad grammar.

The GTA games are on Xbox, along with updated visuals.

Let's not forget that Xbox Live was the first widely used and successful online venture in consoles.

I think you could watch DVDs with the regular controllers.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#24youngskillzPosted 4/23/2014 11:11:46 PM
of course tc, anything can happen, within reason...

but remember in this case both ps4 and x1 have released at the same time, ps4 is winning by a few million already, it ps4 goes up by 10+ million i really don't think the x1 will end up in first place at the end.

last gen was a different story, 360 came out a year earlier (not to mention quite a few bought multiple 360's because of rrod) an had a pretty good attach rate compared to the ps3 for years, ms doesn't have that this gen an it shows.

ps4 is beating x1 with almost no games too.

ms put themselvs in this situation though, had they never tried to put forth those terrible anti-consumer policies and priced the x1 at 399 things might be different, they might even have the lead at some point, they still might in a few years time it's just gonna take price cuts and solid exclusives to even have a chance.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Eye of the Enemy, Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Wolfheart, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#25Pixx0Posted 4/24/2014 12:08:21 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Yeah, cause price has nothing to do with it.

And the PS3 launched with a $600 price tag, your point?

PS2 had a load of quality games and exclusives. The Xbone has ...kinect?

Your point?
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#26dnmtPosted 4/24/2014 12:15:35 AM
Pixx0 posted...
VoidBeyond posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
Yeah, cause price has nothing to do with it.

And the PS3 launched with a $600 price tag, your point?

PS2 had a load of quality games and exclusives. The Xbone has ...kinect?

Your point?

PS3 was also the cheapest - and best - Blu-Ray player on the market at the time of its release.
#27Darkside_ShadowPosted 4/24/2014 3:04:22 AM(edited)
Last time I saw this comparison was the Wii U
We all know how that went.

The thing was the Ps2 had the right games. GTA, Final Fantasy, Sports and all Sony added was a dvd drive. A useful feature.

Now look at the Wii U and Xbox One. Tons of features absolutely no gamer asked for.
Ps4 added a better controller, better hardware and a lower price. No matter how much I like the Xbox One the Ps4 is doing it right by all gaming standards.

Sony is currently making the best TV's for gaming and has the best performing console. And if you pay the same money you do for Xbox Live you get free games every month. How can you beat that?

I am getting tired of Microsoft insisting I get used to their innovations. I don't need Kinect, I dont need to talk to my Xbox, I dont need to not be able to find Start in my Windows, I dont have a need to arrange my icons and remember what they are for on my windows phone because they are beta's and rip off's from the original.

I just want to play games and open my e-mail and shut my computer down like a normal person.
#28schmarkenheimerPosted 4/24/2014 3:07:28 AM
OP - PS2 was cheapest, it was also the only console out for between a year/18 months in all territories with Sega doing little advertising and eventually failing. It built a library and userbase making the others considerably less desirable - as mentioned by a lot on this board, friends are a reason to get a console. That's always been true. It might have been weaker, but the situations are not similar to now.

Robin_Mask posted...
Dann981 posted...

Haven't seen a post with such bad grammar.

The GTA games are on Xbox, along with updated visuals.

Let's not forget that Xbox Live was the first widely used and successful online venture in consoles.

I think you could watch DVDs with the regular controllers.

It took a year or so for 3 and VC to get onto Xbox iirc. It was a big deal that SA was out for the Xbox less than a year later. "Widely used" is relative. It was maybe twice as big as the Wii U is now at its highest point *maybe*, it online console gaming wasn't that big then. Pretty sure you needed an IR thing to plug into the console to watch DVDs unless it was updated. I tried it first without about 11 years ago and it didn't work.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#29mattglosbcfcPosted 4/24/2014 3:18:29 AM
I wouldn't read anything into sales at this point.
Jeez were only 6 months into the cycle.
Once MS drops the price of the Xbox one (already had one price drop in uk) sales will improve.
Once more games are released as well, im sure sales will improve for both companies.
#30richboy900Posted 4/24/2014 3:19:37 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I had a PS2, it came with no memory card and I didn't have any games for it for 6 months so my mother traded it in for an Xbox instead. Haven't looked back since. My Ps1 got stepped on by some kid.

Oh man, the memory cards were awful. The hard drive in the Xbox was far more convenient. I still enjoy the ps2, not as much as the Xbox though.

But wasn't the ps2 more expensive than the GameCube, but less powerful. The Xbox was in a league of its own, an incredibly capable machine in its day.