Remember the good ol' days when the PS2 was the weakest of the big three?

#31Terry-bogardPosted 4/24/2014 3:24:50 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
But didn't the PS2 do terribly? I mean... It was the weakest, right? It could not have possibly won that gen... No way did it win.

Just because the X1 is weaker, doesn't mean it's going to lose. Just because the PS4 is doing fantastic in sales, doesn't mean to X1 is doing bad. Could be better, but they're not doing bad. It took the PS3 a long time but it managed to get ahead of the 360. Meanwhile the Wii, which was the weakest, blew both of them away but was hardly considered to be running beside PS360.

the xbox was more powerfull than the ps2 only because it was released one year later.
The xbox one was released one week earlier so power should be similar , it's not.

Again the power of the console isn't everything , but the power gap is larger than acceptable in this day and age , especially for a machine that is both less reliable in term of hardware failure and for a more expennsive machine.

Xbox one lost already pal , there is no doubt about the fact that microsoft will betray it's consummers again by releasing a kinect free version later in spite of the fact it forced people paying 100$ more until then.

The box one is doing well enough , but keep in mind that the powerhouse games aren't here yet . The power gap will be more and more obvious , it will soon reach the point where getting the xbox one version of the game will look like the poor man's choice. Devs are already stating that exclusives on Xbox aren't a good idea (EA , which is like 50% of AAA games).
Nope , the future isn't bright.
---
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.
#32MertensCWPosted 4/24/2014 3:16:23 PM
This comparison is always a bad one.

PS2 was the best machine when it launched and was boosted by it being the cheapest DVD player on the market when DVD was new.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#332ndAtomiskPosted 4/24/2014 3:40:52 PM
Dann981 posted...
Can't tell if TC is trolling or just not very bright.... the ps2 was much better than the original Xbox. You couldn't even play DVDs without buying a separate remote. Not to mention FF X DMC 1 2 3 GTA 3 San Andreas liberty city tekken backwards compatible socom 1 2 3 Gran Turismo like. The Xbox had what halo voodoo Vince brink and forza ? Lolplololololololol

OG Xbox had both GTA3 and San Andreas. It had an answer to DMC with Ninja Gaiden, an answer to Gran Turismo with Project Gotham Racing and Forza, and an answer to Tekken with Dead or Alive 3. Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, MechAssault 1 and 2, Otogi 1 and 2, Max Payne, Kingdom Under Fire, Shenmue 2, Morrowind, KotoR 1 and 2, and Jade Empire were great OG Xbox games as well. Some would even add Fable, Crimson Skies and GunValkyrie to that. There were a ton of good games for it.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#34Jedi454Posted 4/24/2014 3:44:13 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
Dann981 posted...
Can't tell if TC is trolling or just not very bright.... the ps2 was much better than the original Xbox. You couldn't even play DVDs without buying a separate remote. Not to mention FF X DMC 1 2 3 GTA 3 San Andreas liberty city tekken backwards compatible socom 1 2 3 Gran Turismo like. The Xbox had what halo voodoo Vince brink and forza ? Lolplololololololol

OG Xbox had both GTA3 and San Andreas. It had an answer to DMC with Ninja Gaiden, an answer to Gran Turismo with Project Gotham Racing and Forza, and an answer to Tekken with Dead or Alive 3. Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Orta, MechAssault 1 and 2, Otogi 1 and 2, Max Payne, Kingdom Under Fire, Shenmue 2, Morrowind, KotoR 1 and 2, and Jade Empire were great OG Xbox games as well. Some would even add Fable, Crimson Skies and GunValkyrie to that. There were a ton of good games for it.

The OG Xbox had the muscle, the Ps2 just had the hype and japanese & murican' support.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#35Shinobi120Posted 4/24/2014 3:49:45 PM
Such a tired argument.

NES? Most powerful & won.

SNES? Most powerful & won.

PS1? More powerful than Sega Saturn, & won.

PS2? More powerful than Dreamcast, & won.

Wii is the only exception.

Consoles don't automatically win because they're "weaker."
#36Megamushroom666Posted 4/24/2014 3:54:34 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
Who_Nose posted...
By TC's logic the Wii U will "win" this generation.

No, by my logic I'm saying just because it's weaker doesn't mean it'll lose.

It's the most expensive so it'll lose.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
www.SNACKEROO.com - Snacks on camera.
#37Jedi454Posted 4/24/2014 4:01:18 PM(edited)
Shinobi120 posted...
Such a tired argument.

Such terrible logic, meaning the N64, Xbox and Ps3 should've won, as they're the most powerful for their time.
---
[Force Persuade] That is not an opinion, you are just a troll with no life.
#38regsantotomasPosted 4/24/2014 4:02:08 PM
The "good ol days" would have been the arcade scene for me
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#39Shinobi120Posted 4/24/2014 4:20:27 PM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Such a tired argument.

Such terrible logic, meaning the N64, Xbox and Ps3 should've won, as they're the most powerful for their time.

By the time N64 came out, it was irrelevant. PS1 was first released in Japan on December 3rd, 1994. N64 was first released in Japan on June 23rd, 1996. Not only that, but Nintendo screwed themselves over by going with cartridges instead of CD's.

By the time Original Xbox came out, it was irrelevant. PS2 was first released in Japan on March 24, 2000. Original Xbox was first released in the U.S. on November 15th, 2001.

Plus PS3 sales have surpassed Xbox 360 sales worldwide, despite 360 having a year headstart (year & a half in Europe), a $200 price advantage, & a 18+ million lead over PS3 in the U.S.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/10/playstation-3-worldwide-sales-eclipse-xbox-360.aspx
#40richboy900Posted 4/24/2014 4:53:03 PM
Shinobi120 posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
Such a tired argument.

By the time N64 came out, it was irrelevant. PS1 was first released in Japan on December 3rd, 1994. N64 was first released in Japan on June 23rd, 1996. Not only that, but Nintendo screwed themselves over by going with cartridges instead of CD's.

By the time Original Xbox came out, it was irrelevant. PS2 was first released in Japan on March 24, 2000. Original Xbox was first released in the U.S. on November 15th, 2001.

Plus PS3 sales have surpassed Xbox 360 sales worldwide, despite 360 having a year headstart (year & a half in Europe), a $200 price advantage, & a 18+ million lead over PS3 in the U.S.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/10/playstation-3-worldwide-sales-eclipse-xbox-360.aspx

The Xbox wasn't irrelevant, it was an incredible and underappreciated console Imo. I only had the Xbox and ps2, so I can't speak for the GameCube.

The Xbox had immense hardware for its time, and was like gen 6.5. I was a big fan of the ps2 (still am kinda), but that changed quickly once I got the Xbox.

It introduced online gaming to a new standard. Sure the Dreamcast started it, but live was what really kicked it off in a new extreme.

The hardware was impressive, but no one expected an 8gb hard drive. Far better than those lousy memory cards, and you could use custom soundtracks. The hard drive was a game changer and "overlooked or taken for granted".

I used the ps2 for exclusives only. The Xbox had twice the power. If you think the difference between ps4 and Xbox one is big spec wise, the original Xbox to ps2 was another dimension. I dare you to play GTA or any multiplat on Xbox, then do the same on the ps2- You'll be shocked.

The Xbox is also the only console I've owned that has not gone wrong. Not once, and it's a launch system.