Did the Watchdogs hype die down? If so, why?

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 4/23/2014 9:47:32 PM
I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't been up to date with the game. When the game was first announced, I was very impressed. I saw a lot of people feel the same it and felt like a game most people looked forward to.

Lately I have noticed a lot more people look down on the game, or say they have no interest in it. What has caused this change? I know that the visuals are not as good as they were shown in trailers, but has Ubisoft made some major changes to the scale of the game?
#2TheGleamEyesPosted 4/23/2014 9:52:17 PM
Resolutiongate
Something about PCs being the definitive version > PS4 > Xbox One
DLC announced already
#3teh1337gosuPosted 4/23/2014 9:55:27 PM
There was a gif that looked like the graphics from the e3 trailer were downgraded, naturally everyone lost their minds.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#4uniquebadgerPosted 4/23/2014 9:58:36 PM
To me it seems like more and more people are learning to not be sheeple and not over hype a game like people tend to do. It is good to not put a game that hasn't come out yet on to high of a pedestal to just realize it doesn't meet your expectations.
#5crynryanPosted 4/23/2014 10:04:33 PM
TheGleamEyes posted...
Resolutiongate
Something about PCs being the definitive version > PS4 > Xbox One
DLC announced already

1080 vs 960 is hardly anything
They are actually developing it with the current gen in mind, and thus are requiring PCs to have very good hardware in order to run it
Most games that have season passes have those season passes at launch, get over it
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6Robin_MaskPosted 4/23/2014 10:09:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7TheGleamEyesPosted 4/23/2014 10:14:44 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
Funny you did not mention the BS downgrade in graphics.

Literally the first ******* thing on my list
#8Robin_MaskPosted 4/23/2014 10:14:49 PM
I'm going with graphics downgrade, if anything, they straight out lied to the public.
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero
#9Mr_KillstreakPosted 4/23/2014 10:27:37 PM
Because it should have already came out forever ago, now I am interested in other games instead.

I'll pick up Watch Dogs when it hits $20.
#10Robin_MaskPosted 4/23/2014 10:35:12 PM
TheGleamEyes posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
Funny you did not mention the BS downgrade in graphics.

Literally the first ******* thing on my list

So resolution=graphics?
---
Please help support this great game! http://www.wayforward.com/shantae-half-genie-hero