You know what would help sell Xbox One as an exclusive?

#1uniquebadgerPosted 4/23/2014 11:48:36 PM
A modern Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger sequel or prequel. I know i would be one happy fan, especially if Square was a good Dev again!
#2Run_2_the_HillsPosted 4/23/2014 11:50:45 PM
Why would square like less money?
#3crynryanPosted 4/23/2014 11:52:48 PM
The guys at Zeboyd are hoping their next game, Cosmic Star Heroine, is a good tribute to games like Chrono Trigger. They're in the ID@Xbox program, so CSH will be out on Xbone. They're hoping for a late 2014 release.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#4uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 11:53:00 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
Why would square like less money?

I'm sure MS could buy the rights so they wouldn't make less money. But this is assuming Square could actually put out a timeless game again and not the crap they have been lately.
#5uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 11:56:05 PM
crynryan posted...
The guys at Zeboyd are hoping their next game, Cosmic Star Heroine, is a good tribute to games like Chrono Trigger. They're in the ID@Xbox program, so CSH will be out on Xbone. They're hoping for a late 2014 release.

Thanks, did not know about this. Just looked up their kickstarter page and it looks like it could be interesting in a good way. Will definetly keep my eyes out for it. I am really hoping this gen we will see more single player JRPG's and WRPG's come out. I actually enjoy both types and don't get all the hate JRPG's get.
#6flame030191Posted 4/24/2014 12:01:22 AM
A Japanese oriented game like that would release on the systems selling well in Japan.

If they'd ever make it, expect it to be either 3DS, Vita, or PS4 and likely staying far away from Xbox since the Xbox brand isn't exactly popular in Japan.
---
PSN: armyflame XBL: That Guy Flame
www.facebook.com/ThatGuyGaming91
#7uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 12:07:34 AM
flame030191 posted...
A Japanese oriented game like that would release on the systems selling well in Japan.

If they'd ever make it, expect it to be either 3DS, Vita, or PS4 and likely staying far away from Xbox since the Xbox brand isn't exactly popular in Japan.

That's kind why i was getting at having MS buy the rights to a game like that. It would ultimately give the X1 the push it needs in that market as it is gonna be a tough market to break into.

Plus i'm sure many U.S. gamers would be happy with a Modern game like that as well as long as they kept true to the epicness that were the original games.
#8Run_2_the_HillsPosted 4/24/2014 12:25:59 AM
Except most people that play those types of games got a ps4 cause jrpg's just sell more on Sony's system.
#9uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2014 12:30:50 AM
Except most people that play those types of games got a ps4 cause jrpg's just sell more on Sony's system.

True, but that is only because at this point people don't expect them to come to Xbox so they don't bother with it. Every gen i have bought a sony console on top of my xbox just for this reason. But it shouldn't be this way. A ton of gamers loved Lost Odyssey on Xbox, and i thought that maybe we would get more after that. But it never happened.
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 4/24/2014 1:03:16 AM
uniquebadger posted...

True, but that is only because at this point people don't expect them to come to Xbox so they don't bother with it. Every gen i have bought a sony console on top of my xbox just for this reason. But it shouldn't be this way. A ton of gamers loved Lost Odyssey on Xbox, and i thought that maybe we would get more after that. But it never happened.

May as well fight the tide to stop it from coming in
---
Searching for my long lost twin, is this you?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382